what results are to be expected from this blood froup experiment?

Watch this thread
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
experiment:

The ABO blood group antigen epitopes are carbohydrates present on a cell membrane protein. The basic core carbohydrate (known as H) is present in group O individuals. Group A and group B individuals carry different saccharide additions to the basic core. Group AB individuals carry both the additional saccharides (on different core carbohydrates).

This experiment investigates the structure of the ABO antigens and should allow you to deduce what inherited factors produce these antigens.

Group O red blood cells have been incubated with either UDP-galactose or UDP-N-acetyl galactosamine together with group A, group B or group O serum for six hours at 37oC as follows:

Tube 1=Group O cells, UDP-NacG, O-serum
Tube 2= group O cells, UDP-Gal, O serum
Tube 3= group O cells, UDP NacG, B serum
Tube 4= group O cells, UDP-Gal, B serum
Tube 5= group O cells, UDP-NacG, A serum
Tube 6 = group O cells, UDP,Gal, A-serum

Mix 10 ul of cells from each tube with 10 ul group O serum on a microscope slide, and check for agglutination.

What would the results be?

EDIT= H, A and B gene product is a transferase.
H gene product - adds L-fucosyl

A gene product - adds N-acetyl-D-galactosamine

B gene product - adds D-galactose

*Blood group (title)
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
bumppppppppppppp
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
31.75%
They're what I expected (19)
30.16%
They're worse than what I expected (24)
38.1%

Watched Threads