Alex2003
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Im in the second year in my psychology AQA A course but I cant understand how past students have been able to remember understand this much content. Im really just looking for study advice specifically for psychology, whats helping you revise or worked for you if your a past student. Thanks
Stasiaxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I didn't study psychology at A level but I wanted to leave a reply. I studied maths, physics and chemistry. I found chemistry and physics very difficult. I think the first thing to do is only work on one chapter at a time try and answer as many questions as you can about this topic, ask your teachers for help. My teachers done lessons after school and in the free periods. When you feel good about one topic move onto the next. Exam preparation is pretty difficult though you have to be good at all the topics.

But I think if you take time to understand all the previous topics you only need to remind yourself for the exam. I would revise with another student and ask teachers to look over any questions you do.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Mephestic
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Alex,

I felt the same way and actually remember crying at one point because there was so much content in Psya3. But its very possible.

I have made a video explaining how I revised - it may help you I hope and gives advice on Psya3 and Psya4 revision. Its a big long but is an in depth explanation and explains all the key sections. One thing I did forget to include in the video was how I predicted questions which is in the original article for the video on my psychology blog here.

Scroll down to the section that says "predicting questions" etc.
I hope this helps!
-Saj

Saj Devshi - A* Student, 100% Psya3, 100% Psya4 - Final Mark 373/400 ums
Get my A* model essays here for Psya3 & Psya4!
Read Reviews By Teachers & Students Here!
FREE SAMPLES of my A* Essays here!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (10)
6.02%
They've been reasonable (68)
40.96%
Not feeling great... (44)
26.51%
They are TERRIBLE! (44)