The Student Room Group
Cba clicking to watch thay. It looks long
He's an odd person. I think he has some kind of mental health issues. He used to be a reasonably normal sports presenter and then he suddenly started talking like he was some world visionary. Seems to be popular with those that like conspiracy theories.
He's utterly, hopelessly BAT**** INSANE. Not living in the real world. Completely delusional.
OP are you really asking a forum of presumably educated people what they think of a guy who thinks that the Royal Family are literally reptiles?

I wouldn't look at his knowledge of Saville being a nonce as proof of supreme knowledge considering that Icke used to work for the BBC himself and apparently it was an open secret.
He's a nutjob. Plain and simple. The only reason he gets so much attention is because his theories are so stupid. Hard to believe the Oxford Union invited him to talk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
he is as mad as a box of frogs
Reply 7
Original post by WednesdayAddams
He's a nutjob. Plain and simple. The only reason he gets so much attention is because his theories are so stupid. Hard to believe the Oxford Union invited him to talk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the talk he gave at Oxford Union rather interesting until he started talking about reptilians.
I think he is either insane or a complete charlatan (possibly a bit of both). And he has done a very good job of helping to derail and discredit any meaningful skepticism towards the powers that be, to the point where if you question almost anything these days, you are automatically dismissed and labeled a "paranoid, tin foil hat wearing, conspiracy theorist".
Reply 9
He is absolute insane, but I love his conspiracy theories.
Reply 10
Original post by pane123
I found the talk he gave at Oxford Union rather interesting until he started talking about reptilians.

Did he? I don't recall him talking about reptilians in that particular lecture, I believe he was afraid that the students would take the piss out of his more radical views so instead stuck to the more accepted conspiracy theories. I thought he came off pretty well in that lecture, all his other lectures are bat**** crazy, however.
proper lad
Original post by MagicNMedicine
He's an odd person. I think he has some kind of mental health issues. He used to be a reasonably normal sports presenter and then he suddenly started talking like he was some world visionary. Seems to be popular with those that like conspiracy theories.

Yeah, I can remember when he was a sports presenter. Seems like he had a breakdown or developed mental-health issues. If he hadn't already been 'famous' for his TV presenting we'd have never have heard of his 'ideas' I'm sure.
Original post by pane123

I managed to sit through 30 mins and didn't even get to the reptilians! He was very rambly and unfocused. I just don't think people with such ludicrous views should be given such privileged air time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People like Alex Jones are on the edge of what I can believe to be genuine. Just to clarify, I don't mean I believe what Alex Jones says, but I believe he believes it.

Icke is way off the edge. I'm convinced he's really just a massive troll laughing at people who actually pay him money to say this ****.
I wonder if he had a period of seriously overindulging with psychedelics when he was a presenter.
Reply 16
Original post by Moosferatu
I wonder if he had a period of seriously overindulging with psychedelics when he was a presenter.

Nar don't be silly, it's clearly his mullet thats to blame. When have you ever seen a mullet on someone of sound mind?? Clearly the added weight at the back of the head produces an unnatural and uneven strain on the brain leading to fruit loopery.

But more seriously, if it were drugs I imagine it much more likely a result of amphetamines or cocaine.
(edited 10 years ago)
A sandwich short of a picnic IMHO.
Reply 18
Original post by anarchism101
People like Alex Jones are on the edge of what I can believe to be genuine. Just to clarify, I don't mean I believe what Alex Jones says, but I believe he believes it.

Icke is way off the edge. I'm convinced he's really just a massive troll laughing at people who actually pay him money to say this ****.

i loved Alex in The Snowman. it is sad if he has gone off the rails like Mr Icke.

Latest