Whats wrong with the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? Watch

CryptoidAlien
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
These are necessary measures to stamp out Islamic hatred and terrorism for a better world. The government are also doing the Middle East a favour as they don't want terrorists either I suppose. So what is peoples problem?

People have a right to defend themselves wherever they want, since the world belongs to everyone and we aren't restricted to stay in one place because of where we are born. The prescence also ridded Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and Qadaffi. So it's not exactly a bad thing.

I asked this becase I read an article about a man who plotted to kill Prince Harry because of the War :confused: Like he was on the terrorists side or something. I also don't believe the media hype suggesting all soldiers are baby killers :s i don't even know where that comes from tbh.
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CryptoidAlien)
These are necessary measures to stamp out Islamic hatred and terrorism for a better world. The government are also doing the Middle East a favour as they don't want terrorists either I suppose. So what is peoples problem?

People have a right to defend themselves wherever they want,
since the world belongs to everyone and we aren't restricted to stay in one place because of where we are born. The prescence also ridded Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and Qadaffi. So it's not exactly a bad thing.

I asked this becase I read an article about a man who plotted to kill Prince Harry because of the War :confused: Like he was on the terrorists side or something. I also don't believe the media hype suggesting all soldiers are baby killers :s i don't even know where that comes from tbh.
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Do you mean that invading another country is self-defence?
geoking
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If we wanted a better world the US would have nuked Iran and Pakistan while ignoring Iraq.
awe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

http://www.theguardian.com/news/data...ies-statistics

What a good favour we're doing them. They should be so grateful!
Ornlu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by geoking)
If we wanted a better world the US would have nuked itself while ignoring Iraq.
Corrected that.
Ornlu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would rather have had Saddam Hussain in power than the country as it is today - less people would probably have died in the long run if they just waited till Saddam died of illness/old age.

Also, if the West wanted to get rid of extremism in Afghanistan, they should have funded Ahmed Shah Massoud rather than legitimise the Taliban. Typical foreign policy BS where they only help when it's in their own interests; it came back to bite them in the arse, didn't it?
username883747
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CryptoidAlien)
These are necessary measures to stamp out Islamic hatred and terrorism for a better world.
It fuels "Islamic Terrorism and Hatred".
Snagprophet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's funny because it worked perfectly well in Serbia yet stopping Chemical Ali in Iraq gassing tonnes of people is somehow different.

I mean we know what to do in future, do nothing.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What did they achieve? Oil prices rose during and after the wars, and both countries are arguably worse off than they were beforehand.
geoking
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ornlu)
Corrected that.
Comparing the us to 2 unsable countries with wmds is very immature.
Ornlu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Comparing the us to 2 unsable countries with wmds is very immature.
Can't tell if trolling :dry:
geoking
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ornlu)
Can't tell if trolling :dry:
Pakistan has nukes. Do you think Iran won't have its own Chem weapon stockpile?
Being some rebellious kid who thinks the USA is the bad guy is just that, an idea for kids. It has no basis in reality and is something you should look to change as its most likely not very appropriate for someone your age.
consumed by stuff
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No amount of military aggression was gonna fix a broken backward country. It's did some good it did some bad. Was it right to go there? Maybe. Has it gone well? A lot of innocent people have died. Is it a problem that can be fixed by the outside world? No.
Ornlu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pakistan has nukes. Do you think Iran won't have its own Chem weapon stockpile?
Being some rebellious kid who thinks the USA is the bad guy is just that, an idea for kids. It has no basis in reality and is something you should look to change as its most likely not very appropriate for someone your age.
So? America has no right to have nuclear weapons either, unless you've elected them as the police commissioner of the world.
To think that America is some bastion of democracy and how we should worship them as defenders of the free world is quite frankly more immature than my views - they are self-serving idiots that create half of the problems that they try to solve.
geoking
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ornlu)
So? America has no right to have nuclear weapons either, unless you've elected them as the police commissioner of the world.
To think that America is some bastion of democracy and how we should worship them as defenders of the free world is quite frankly more immature than my views - they are self-serving idiots that create half of the problems that they try to solve.
America made the nuke so im sure they're the only person with the 'right' to them. And what right are you talking about? They are a stable country who are not looking to destroy other countries and have strict policies in place with regard to using nuclear weapons.
Pakistan in the other hand can barely control its own military and Iran wants to destroy Israel.
What you described as immature was something never said. Try to argue what's been written, not what you're able to refute.
Kiss
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Viva Emptiness)
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Do you mean that invading another country is self-defence?
Yeah I don't get that either.
Ornlu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
America made the nuke so im sure they're the only person with the 'right' to them. And what right are you talking about? They are a stable country who are not looking to destroy other countries and have strict policies in place with regard to using nuclear weapons.
Pakistan in the other hand can barely control its own military and Iran wants to destroy Israel.
What you described as immature was something never said. Try to argue what's been written, not what you're able to refute.
No, no one should have the right to have a weapon capable of destroying countries/the world; or everyone should the right to build/have them.
Indeed, these countries are unstable relative to Western countries, but Pakistan can still manage a nuclear arsenal safely, as they have done for decades.
I will not delve into this too much since I don't believe Israel has a right to exist, so that's a different debate. But anyways, there is no proof that Iran has nuclear weapons - there is less evidence than there was for Iraq, which was dubious at best to start with.
Maybe you didn't say it but it was inferred from your casual nonchalant suggestion of firing nuclear weapons at two innocent countries, which I find abhorent.
geoking
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ornlu)
No, no one should have the right to have a weapon capable of destroying countries/the world; or everyone should the right to build/have them.
Indeed, these countries are unstable relative to Western countries, but Pakistan can still manage a nuclear arsenal safely, as they have done for decades.
I will not delve into this too much since I don't believe Israel has a right to exist, so that's a different debate. But anyways, there is no proof that Iran has nuclear weapons - there is less evidence than there was for Iraq, which was dubious at best to start with.
Maybe you didn't say it but it was inferred from your casual nonchalant suggestion of firing nuclear weapons at two innocent countries, which I find abhorent.
You must have missed the memo where the worlds had the longest period of peace ever thanks to nuclear weapons.
The only thing that will stop bad men from destroying the weak is their own destruction and therefore nuclear weapons are necessary and need to be in the hands of good men. Thinking anything else is naive.
I never said Iran had nukes. Stop arguing things that haven't been said.

Innocent countries? How are they innocent? Iran is simply a ticking bomb and Pakistan has been attacking the Indian borders almost non stop for the last 18 months. Do some research before you throw around words like abhorenr and innocent. Being a bigot doesn't look flattering on you.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can get rid of Governments. That is easy.

However, if the people do not want you there or blame you ( rightly or wrongly) then you cannot do anything.

In the case of Afghanistan, the Karzai Government is not a lot better than the Taliban.

This week, I was reading about the systematic rape of women being held without trial in Iraq.

It is a disaster.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You must have missed the memo where the worlds had the longest period of peace ever thanks to nuclear weapons.
The only thing that will stop bad men from destroying the weak is their own destruction and therefore nuclear weapons are necessary and need to be in the hands of good men. Thinking anything else is naive.
I never said Iran had nukes. Stop arguing things that haven't been said.
Not really. Very few countries have nuclear weapons. Maybe, your argument could apply to India and Pakistan.

Outside of that, the existence of nuclear weapons do not explain the period of peace within Europe or many other places.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads