The Student Room Group

Failed because of Hazard and Perception

As the title says, I got full marks on the multiple choice section to it, but I honestly couldn't see what I did wrong, is there a way to see what specifically I did wrong? No message came up saying I got 0 on a clip, and I'm sure I clicked at the right time. I think I may have clicked too early? I honestly don't know, and I don't know what I could have done. So the question is, can I find out specifically what went wrong, like where I clicked wrong? And also any tips for when I go to take it again? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Practice, practise, practise especially hazard perception. Problem is clicking too early for me and whilst i was practising i failed so many times, bit to do with luck !
Reply 2
So many of my friends did no revision for either, yet passed hazard and perception, guess it was my own error thinking it'd just be a walk in the park

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Whenever I saw a hazard I clicked, then waited a couple of seconds and clicked again just in case I clicked too early the first time. I didn't get any where it scored me zero for clicking too much, but if you were to get it come up on the screen, you would know for the next clip to wait a bit longer between clicks.
Reply 4
Original post by Alex Pee
Whenever I saw a hazard I clicked, then waited a couple of seconds and clicked again just in case I clicked too early the first time. I didn't get any where it scored me zero for clicking too much, but if you were to get it come up on the screen, you would know for the next clip to wait a bit longer between clicks.

Do you think I'd be able to contact them somehow about showing me where I clicked and where the hazard actually was? To know exactly where I went wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Endors Toi
Do you think I'd be able to contact them somehow about showing me where I clicked and where the hazard actually was? To know exactly where I went wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. They'll use the same videos (or a subset of videos from a pool) for everyone, and couldn't essentially give away the answers.
the hazard test is flawed as you can see the hazard too early click it think youve got it and not done it in the time frame set my the computor. Utter crap. Surely its better to see that horse/child/car/blue whale earlier than later
Reply 7
The Hazard Perception is bull****, most of the instructers I know can't stand the thing.

What I did to pass it as I didn't want to take any chances was, whenever I saw something that could be a hazard, I would click multiple times to ensure I got it.
Reply 8
Original post by silverbolt
the hazard test is flawed as you can see the hazard too early click it think youve got it and not done it in the time frame set my the computor. Utter crap. Surely its better to see that horse/child/car/blue whale earlier than later

this is exactly my thoughts! if i click too early on a hazard, doesnt that show i have quicker reaction times? since i actually spotted the hazard earlier than the computer would suggest me too?
Reply 9
Whenever you see a hazard click at least twice in case you clicked too early. That's what I did. I also clicked at potential hazards and then again when it became an actual hazard...eg clicked when I saw a cyclist riding on the pavement and then clicked again when the cyclist came off the pavement and began riding in front of me. I got 61/75 on my hazard perception...I'd say you should be clicking at least 3 or 4 times per clip
Original post by Endors Toi
As the title says, I got full marks on the multiple choice section to it, but I honestly couldn't see what I did wrong, is there a way to see what specifically I did wrong? No message came up saying I got 0 on a clip, and I'm sure I clicked at the right time. I think I may have clicked too early? I honestly don't know, and I don't know what I could have done. So the question is, can I find out specifically what went wrong, like where I clicked wrong? And also any tips for when I go to take it again? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had no idea about hazard perception, it seems to be some kind of guarded secret unless of course you are lucky enough to stumble across a gem like this:

https://www.learnerdriving.com/hazard-perception-test/free-hazard-perception-test

Show you exactly how the test works, if there is a pre-hazard area and the 5 areas in which a click is acceptable.

Have a play with this and good luck.
Reply 11
Original post by Liverpool's Number 9
I had no idea about hazard perception, it seems to be some kind of guarded secret unless of course you are lucky enough to stumble across a gem like this:

https://www.learnerdriving.com/hazard-perception-test/free-hazard-perception-test

Show you exactly how the test works, if there is a pre-hazard area and the 5 areas in which a click is acceptable.

Have a play with this and good luck.

Thank you for that, but I've already passed now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending