Noisy eaters - do they annoy the hell out of anyone else? Watch

AspiringMedic8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have one thing that I absolutely cannot stand. I only seem to notice it in my family, who crunch, slurp and chew everything with full sound effects. Even my sister is eating toast now, with peanut butter, and her jaws are going up and down like there's no tomorrow, with squishing and slurping (I don't know how, but it sounds like slurping) as loud as you could ever imagine. Even my brother eats an orange, and I can hear his tongue constantly slurping off the top of his mouth. Why can't they close their mouths and CHEW from side to side like normal human beings, rather than just mush their food by opening and closing their mouths, upwards and downwards?

I literally can't stand it. I don't know if the issue is with me, but I don't notice this with anyone who is outside of my immediate family. It's awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lovelycup7
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hell yeah. I can't stand it either, bananas are the worst!!

I reckon we notice it the most with our families because they're at home and feel less obliged to eat in a civilised manner.
Maximillion.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I cannot stand it either it, it's so uncouth.
AJFK1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i thought I was the only one. I literally hate it with a passion. It genuinely makes me want to rip my hair out. I can't explain why but it's the one thing I can't stand. It has the ability to make me do psycho-i-will-kill-you face and snap... And then I feel bad for my outbursts.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1WDZHcCu0s
Kiss
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, I despise noisy eaters and people who eat in places they shouldn't like the library when everyone is trying to study/concentrate then out of nowhere some **** munches on a bag of crisps.

Last time someone did that when I was trying to study I chucked their apple across the room and told them to **** off back to their farm because they were eating like a pig.

Noisy eaters should be exterminated.
Noddy3.141592654
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have to say i don't mind people eating noisily generally but in the cinema, it does annoys me.
Steezy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, very annoying. They look so stupid as well when they chew with their mouth open.
Silver Arrows
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It seems the majority of the population are incapable of eating like a regular human being :sad:
The Champion.m4a
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes.
Kater Murr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I had this amazing dream last night. I was with a friend of mine, who was eating a steak and ale pie. Most of the sauce from the pie had dripped out onto a pool on his plate. While talking to me, totally nonchalantly, he just started patting the sauce on his plate with his right hand out flat. I woke myself up laughing, and still burst out laughing every time I think of it.

*wipes tear from eye*

What was it you said again?
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes a woman I know is awful for it, she cant even have a cup of tea and a biscuit without sounding like shes having an orgasm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
inb4 Tyrion
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Report 5 years ago
Yes!
Nfergs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I absolutely hate it when I can hear people eating. When I was younger my mum would tell me off for eating loudly or with my mouth open therefore I always feel inclined to do it to others as it's not only disgusting but also really annoying!
ADAOBI123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
*Raises hand* I can't stand the noise.

Just feel like punching them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ADAOBI123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gemmam)
Yes a woman I know is awful for it, she cant even have a cup of tea and a biscuit without sounding like shes having an orgasm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LMAO !

Posted from TSR Mobile
pureandmodest
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:| ikr.
redferry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm a noisy eater I had a string of sinus problems as a kid and therefore struggle to breathe through my nose. I have to grab air through my mouth between chews and end up making a racket to avoid suffocating
Mr Student
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't know why but the acoustics of my skull and facial bones amplify every bight I take. I am a moderately noisey eater. I'd change it if i could but i can't help it and I'm not about to starve over it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.11%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.47%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.48%

Watched Threads