The Student Room Group

Will i be eligible?

Hi, I am enquiring as to how many years you can get funding from the student loans company?

I am currently in the first year of a two year HND, after the two years I hope to do a top up final year for the full degree.

Prior to this course, I had received 1 year of funding for a HND course in a different university but decided to drop out.

will I be eligible for the final years funding?

Thanks
Reply 1
When you start the top up degree you are entitled to the number of years it usually takes to complete the course, plus 1, minus any previous study you have.

if we assume you pin year 2 of a 3 year course this gives you, 3+1-3=1years funding remaining.

however it would be the year 2 (1st year of top up) and not the final year you would not get funding for. This means you would get no tuition fee loan or grant and would need to pay the fees yourself (up to £9000) and would get no assembly learning grant either. You could get a maintenance loan and this can be means tested so depending on your household income you may be entitled to up to around £5500 for that year.

hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending