The Student Room Group

Awkward kiss

Okaay, so I was at my gay best friends house the other night and another one of my friends from school came over. My best friend went out for a cigarette and my other friend and me sat chatting. Then all of a sudden when I was in the middle of a sentence he like jumped over and kissed me, and because I wasn't expecting it it wasn't great, but still nice. When he pulled away I was like 'well that was random,' and we laughed about it, and then my friend came back in. I've kind of had a crush on this guy for a while and we flirted the rest of the night but he is a bit of a player. He hasn't contacted me since and I'm not too sure how to take it. It may have been just because I was the only girl there and he was bored. What can I do to stop it from being awkward? Help me please!
Reply 1
Hm. You say he's a player and he hasn't mentioned it, so you may well be right that it meant nothing to him. To stop it being awkward though? I would ask him. Just casually, along the lines of "Just curious, why did you kiss me the other night? :tongue: "

I had a similar situation about quite a while ago. We made out, seemingly out of the blue, and fooled around a bit. It was awkward for both of us for the next few days until I asked him if we could "talk about the other night", and then things got a lot easier. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Treeroy
Hm. You say he's a player and he hasn't mentioned it, so you may well be right that it meant nothing to him. To stop it being awkward though? I would ask him. Just casually, along the lines of "Just curious, why did you kiss me the other night? :tongue: "

I had a similar situation about quite a while ago. We made out, seemingly out of the blue, and fooled around a bit. It was awkward for both of us for the next few days until I asked him if we could "talk about the other night", and then things got a lot easier. :smile:

Thank you, I think you're right haha. Ahh I don't know if I'm brave enough to ask him, I reckon he'll just play the 'I was drunk' card but I now he was completely sober..... it has only been one day so I'll give him a chance to explain himself first though.

What did he say when you guys had a chat about it?
Reply 3
Original post by peanutbutter18
Thank you, I think you're right haha. Ahh I don't know if I'm brave enough to ask him, I reckon he'll just play the 'I was drunk' card but I now he was completely sober..... it has only been one day so I'll give him a chance to explain himself first though.

What did he say when you guys had a chat about it?

Ah, fair enough. I still think it might put your mind a little more at ease though :3

It was quite a different context from yours: I'm openly gay and I thought he was straight, hence it was a bit unexpected to say the least. I basically asked him what exactly was going on, and he said he really enjoyed it, but didn't know why he did it. (Yeah, he played the drunk card too, despite him certainly being sober enough to know) However, we then had quite a long conversation about what we felt like and that was good. So yeah, different situation but I thought the principle of your mind being put at ease might apply to yours too. Talking about it helped the both of us; maybe it'll help you as well. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest