The Student Room Group

an international cry for help

Hello everyone, I am an IGCSE student from Egypt.I recently discovered this site and I created a username because there is an urgent subject I would like to call international attention to.Before I start reciting the whole story I need to know if there are any people willing to aid in a humanitarian cause that aims to liberate young teenagers held in jail by the military government in Egypt that have arrested them simply for expressing their opinions which is one of the basic human rights. We really need someone to help us out with this by reaching to your country's government for example because it has become impossible to reach ours as they throw in jail anyone who simply disapproves of their ways. Is anyone willing to hear the whole story?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by studentegy1
Hello everyone, I am an IGCSE student from Egypt.I recently discovered this site and I created a username because there is an urgent subject I would like to call international attention to.Before I start reciting the whole story I need to know if there are any people willing to aid in a humanitarian cause that aims to liberate young teenagers held in jail by the military government in Egypt that have arrested them simply for expressing their opinions which is one of the basic human rights. We really need someone to help us out with this by reaching to your country's government for example because it has become impossible to reach ours as they throw in jail anyone who simply disapproves of their ways. Is anyone willing to hear the whole story?

I am (but don't expect much sympathy though)
Reply 2
No they are not Islamic scumbags and for your information Islam does not oppress women, Islam gave women their rights ,before Islam women were treated as slaves. Also Islam obliges us to respect Coptics and live along side them in peace the prophet told us not to wrong or oppress any non-muslims and to give them their full rights. Anyway these students I'm talking about are barely 15 or 16 years old! And by the way you can express your opinion without offending my religion. Islam is not terrorism neither is Christianity or Judaism. Terrorism is a religion of its own.
Reply 3
Original post by PopaPork
I am (but don't expect much sympathy though)

ok Here's the story ,on the 30th of October, A young boy in our school named Mohanad Amr Zaki went to the streets to protest against the military coup in Egypt. The Police took him in along with many other young kids, he was taken in when he was 15 years old, he turned 16 in jail and has been there for over 3 months now , they are many other students like mohanad who were taken in for saying what they think and we want to help them out by making this an international case.
Reply 4
Original post by Algorithm69
Are these students Islamic scumbags who would oppress Coptics, women, and basically everything kafir if they were put in charge?

I also want to ask why you turned this into a talk about religion.Did you know that Ramy Jan supports Morsy even though he is a christian? and there are many others like him, there is a group he formed which he named ''christians against the military coup''. Did you also know that the current Egyptian authorities have a British journalist named Peter Greste in custody just because he was dutifully doing his job and wanted to show people the truth? Why do you sound so racist and why are you offending my religion when all I'm talking about is basic human rights which is something everybody should have no matter what their religion or nationality is
Reply 5
ok Here's the story ,on the 30th of October, A young boy in our school named Mohanad Amr Zaki went to the streets to protest against the military coup in Egypt. The Police took him in along with many other young kids, he was taken in when he was 15 years old, he turned 16 in jail and has been there for over 3 months now , they are many other students like mohanad who were taken in for saying what they think and we want to help them out by making this an international case.

at 15 he should have stayed out of this (is he even old enough to vote?)

but supporters of the Muslim brotherhood should know they have little support outside of the Muslim community and most in fact do prefer the military to be in control rather than an 'islamic' party.

Sorry but patience in the west is wearing thin now.
Reply 6
I never said anything remotely racist.

ok then why are you implying that muslims oppress non-muslims?
Reply 7
Why do you sound so racist and why are you offending my religion when all I'm talking about is basic human rights which is something everybody should have no matter what their religion or nationality is

It is our human right to offend your religious sensibilities you do not have a right to have them protected.

Also FYI Islam is not compatible with Human Rights legislation:wink:. (Google UN and Human Rights and Islam)
Reply 8
ok then why are you implying that muslims oppress non-muslims?

Islam is not a race. You choose to be a Muslim you could choose not to be a Muslim

you cannot choose your race or your sexuality

please stop trying to confuse the 2 it does your argument no good at all.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Because they do in basically every country on earth with a Muslim majority.

and what about christians being tortured in jail!..it has nothing to do with the religion..the military government is opressing whoever opposes their regime (muslim ,christian ,..)
(edited 10 years ago)

it reminds me of Nietzsches ideas of herd behaviour, it may be true that as an individual Islam is not oppressive at all, it seems to me a common pattern that all 'Muslim' countries are incredibly oppressive, and than these are 'fake' it's like the No true Scots fallacy.
Reply 11
Original post by PopaPork
at 15 he should have stayed out of this (is he even old enough to vote?)

but supporters of the Muslim brotherhood should know they have little support outside of the Muslim community and most in fact do prefer the military to be in control rather than an 'islamic' party.

Sorry but patience in the west is wearing thin now.

I don't really get what you mean by ''the patience in the west is wearing thin now''
Secondly who are you referring to when you say ''most'' prefer the military coup when thousands of Morsy's supporters still protest inspite of the miltary reign's oppressive acts?
Thirdly this isn't even about the muslim brotherhood this is about my right to express myself and state my opinions. Did you know that if you raise the Rabia sign nowadays you get jailed for 5 years?! now tell me in what country does something as outrageous as this happen?
fourthly what does the boy's age have to do with this? Anyone can express their opinions no matter what their age is
And finally do you even know what happened in rabia did you see the thousands of unarmed people killed by the policeman and the military? like I said this isnt about the MBs this is about humanity.
ps: no he is not old enough to vote but he is old enough to think for himself and speak his mind
Reply 12

Well if that's the case then with all due respect you know nothing about my religion.

You're in a loser here. The Muslim brotherhood are taking Egypt backwards and any body who supports them doesn't have my sympathy.
We saw your freely elected "democratic" government before and we in the West didn't like it very much. At least the current regime is providing stability and sanity.
Well if that's the case then with all due respect you know nothing about my religion.

It does seem odd that all countries with a muslim majority are incredibly oppressive, can you name one that isn't ruled by tyrany?
Reply 16
And if those people were peacefully protesting and mean no harm to any other demographic then that is bad. Very bad.

I'm sorry but where on earth did you hear something like that from? there are no christians being tortured in jail AT ALL. It is the members of the muslim brotherhood who are being tortured. And again I am not spaeking on behalf of the MBs I am speaking on behalf of the young teenagers in jail who dont even belong to the MB but simply want the military coup which has killed so many people to be gone.
Reply 17
I don't really get what you mean by ''the patience in the west is wearing thin now''
Secondly who are you referring to when you say ''most'' prefer the military coup when thousands of Morsy's supporters still protest inspite of the miltary reign's oppressive acts?
Thirdly this isn't even about the muslim brotherhood this is about my right to express myself and state my opinions. Did you know that if you raise the Rabia sign nowadays you get jailed for 5 years?! now tell me in what country does something as outrageous as this happen?
fourthly what does the boy's age have to do with this? Anyone can express their opinions no matter what their age is
And finally do you even know what happened in rabia did you see the thousands of unarmed people killed by the policeman and the military? like I said this isnt about the MBs this is about humanity.
ps: no he is not old enough to vote but he is old enough to think for himself and speak his mind

It means we are tired of you lot killing each other all the time. You were given the chance at freedom and instead you decided to support the MB. The original protests had sod all to do with them it was a liberal movement that started this and it was sold out by MB supporters.

'Most' I mean most people in the west. We all know what happens when you get an 'Islamic' government and we want no part of it nor will we offer any support for it. It's why it's not on the news anymore as we are all a little sick of it.

It seems it's the norm for most Muslim countries but the Rabia sign is a MB sign so no sympathy here.

Everything he is a child he should have stayed away and yes they can but don't then bitch about the consequences.

It was hundreds not thousands. You do not need to lie about this to get support (in fact if you lie you will lose support).

Sorry but I know as a christian I should have empathy but I also know as a christian it stupid for me to offer any kind of support for the MB and I support my governments stance on this.
Reply 18
Original post by MatureStudent36
You're in a loser here. The Muslim brotherhood are taking Egypt backwards and any body who supports them doesn't have my sympathy.

Oh and I'm sure the military coup is taking Egypt to the top which would explain why are currency has completely depreciated and prices here have skyrocketed.
Again this is not about the muslim brotherhood this about teenagers who dont even have an ID yet being held in prison.
Original post by Are you Shaw?
It does seem odd that all countries with a muslim majority are incredibly oppressive, can you name one that isn't ruled by tyrany?

Look how you all turned the conversation to a talk about religions! if we continued like that.. it'd be an endless discussion! we're talking about human rights,about a kid in prison..all we're talking about is that we want him back!

Quick Reply

Latest