The Student Room Group

M1-3 June 2014

Just a thread for those doing M1-3 in June to discuss things.
As far as I know, I'm just doing M2 this year. If I'm getting 100%s by the end of March though, I may give M3 a go.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Hi, I'll be trying my luck on M1 this June... Could you give me some advice on how to prepare efficiently for this exam? :smile:
Original post by Nora R. Chloe
Hi, I'll be trying my luck on M1 this June... Could you give me some advice on how to prepare efficiently for this exam? :smile:

Hey. Make sure to practice different types of questions. There's little point in doing the same scenario multiple times with different numbers.
will be sitting m1&2 in June. I'm just finishing off m2 now - started it last Wednesday - and I must say that it all seems remarkably straightforward.
I too considered m3, but chickened out after seeing the CoM calculations. I'm gonna do s2 instead.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by genuinelydense
will be sitting m1&2 in June. I'm just finishing off m2 now - started it last Wednesday - and I must say that it all seems remarkably straightforward.
I too considered m3, but chickened out after seeing the CoM calculations. I'm gonna do s2 instead.

Ooh lovely. I self studied M2 in 2days last week. I've been sick since starting half term but am planning on doing a pastpaper tonight for wither Fp2 or M2 and then making a start on M3 and S2.

Maybe give M3 another consider? I did M1 twice and did badly in it :tongue:.
Original post by keromedic
Ooh lovely. I self studied M2 in 2days last week. I've been sick since starting half term but am planning on doing a pastpaper tonight for wither Fp2 or M2 and then making a start on M3 and S2.

Maybe give M3 another consider? I did M1 twice and did badly in it :tongue:.

heh, you're quick! I have no experience with m1 (haven't actually looked at the book lol) but i figured that if I could do m2 everything would be fine.
wish I were doing fp2 (school recommended fp3 so i just went with it), there's something so awesome about using eulers.

you studying maths at uni?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
I'm doing M2 and M3 this June. Not particularly happy with M3 being my earliest maths exam.
Original post by genuinelydense
heh, you're quick! I have no experience with m1 (haven't actually looked at the book lol) but i figured that if I could do m2 everything would be fine.
wish I were doing fp2 (school recommended fp3 so i just went with it), there's something so awesome about using eulers.

you studying maths at uni?

I wasn't quick this time "lol:
Lol. Good luck with that. M2 is no harder than M1. Just different topics. Feel free to check out my Fp1-3 thread.

Original post by Dilzo999
I'm doing M2 and M3 this June. Not particularly happy with M3 being my earliest maths exam.

Why?
Reply 9
I wasn't quick this time "lol:
Lol. Good luck with that. M2 is no harder than M1. Just different topics. Feel free to check out my Fp1-3 thread.

Why?

I just started learning it 2 weeks ago. Which means I won't get as much "time" compared to my other exams to practice as I did M2 first it meant I had around from November to June to practice.
I just started learning it 2 weeks ago. Which means I won't get as much "time" compared to my other exams to practice as I did M2 first it meant I had around from November to June to practice.

Oh, that's fair. A lot of people will be in a similar position so don't fret.
How far into it are you?
Reply 11
Oh, that's fair. A lot of people will be in a similar position so don't fret.
How far into it are you?

I've done
Further Kinematics
Elastic Springs and Strings
Circular motion

I haven't done
Further Dynamics
Statics of rigid bodies

I'm finding it a bit more difficult than M2 and it's the algebra which can get a little nasty at times.
I've done
Further Kinematics
Elastic Springs and Strings
Circular motion

I haven't done
Further Dynamics
Statics of rigid bodies

I'm finding it a bit more difficult than M2 and it's the algebra which can get a little nasty at times.

Oh that's bad. Do you know the necessary pure?
Reply 13
Oh that's bad. Do you know the necessary pure?

Yup :biggrin:. Have you decided on doing M3?
Yup :biggrin:. Have you decided on doing M3?

I am going to learn BOTH M3 and S3 this year but I don't know which exam I'll definitely do :smile:
I haven't looked at any of the mundane M2/3 topics in a good while so I'll be frequenting this thread for some tips and tricks as well as sharing some that I discover on the way!

Your sig is huge! Have you not received one of those patronisingly pretentious cards yet?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Khallil

Your sig is huge! Have you not received one of those patronisingly pretentious cards yet?

No. I'm not very well liked on the forum for obvious and unknown reasons. That sig is just a placeholder till I find or make another one.
No. I'm not very well liked on the forum for obvious and unknown reasons.

:gasp: Why? I thought it was the total opposite by glancing at your VMs every so often when I myself send you one.
Original post by Khallil
:gasp: Why? I thought it was the total opposite by glancing at your VMs every so often when I myself send you one.

That's the reason :tongue:.
I'm either too much or too little. My glasses are at the shop for a few days. I cant see really :frown:. I shall have to do my maths in the morning.
How is M4 going?
Reply 19
Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending