hkennerley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello,

I'm am a BA Philosophy graduate who is currently undertaking a MSc in Neuroscience. However I am no longer interested in becoming a researcher in Neuroscience. Instead I would like to become a social/public policy researcher for a think tank/charity/NGO which is involved in alleviating poverty/social justice in some manner.

Here is my dilemma: if I don't quit neuroscience then I won't be able to afford a masters in social policy (as I will not get the partial refund) but if I do quit then I've wasted a lot of time and money, as well as not coming off well to potential employers….. Also, I guess that MSc neuroscience would look good to potential employers (statistics and research methods, able to comprehend scientific discipline as well as humanities)...

I'm currently leaning towards quitting. I'd really appreciate any advice about whether it is worth quitting to get a masters in social policy and to try get a job in this field or whether there are ways of getting into this field without undertaking this kind of masters?

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Hannah
Juichiro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hkennerley)
Hello,

I'm am a BA Philosophy graduate who is currently undertaking a MSc in Neuroscience. However I am no longer interested in becoming a researcher in Neuroscience. Instead I would like to become a social/public policy researcher for a think tank/charity/NGO which is involved in alleviating poverty/social justice in some manner.

Here is my dilemma: if I don't quit neuroscience then I won't be able to afford a masters in social policy (as I will not get the partial refund) but if I do quit then I've wasted a lot of time and money, as well as not coming off well to potential employers….. Also, I guess that MSc neuroscience would look good to potential employers (statistics and research methods, able to comprehend scientific discipline as well as humanities)...

I'm currently leaning towards quitting. I'd really appreciate any advice about whether it is worth quitting to get a masters in social policy and to try get a job in this field or whether there are ways of getting into this field without undertaking this kind of masters?

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Hannah
Since you want to get a masters in social policy, you have to quit. Employers won't know if you don't mention it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads