Is it GCSE History hard? Watch

aziza025.212
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was just wondering because I am making my choices as I type and only have until the end of half term. I was just a bit nervous of picking History. I definitely enjoy it quite a bit and I do like to write essays. However I just wanted to find out whether in GCSE History, you had to remember loads of dates, because that I am not good at????
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you enjoy history and like to write essays then you'll be fine when it comes to history.

I did it for GCSE and focused on making timelines and revision cards to help remember key names and dates.
lap123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am currently doing GCSE history. You do have to remember quite a lot of dates and information and you also need to know the messages and reasoning of sources etc. However, if you are good at writing essays and you enjoy history you will be okay. If you are still not sure about choosing history, speak to your teachers as mine helped me to make the right choice.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I found History to be one of the harder GCSEs I took. However, it was definitely worth it: I really enjoyed it.
Tasmiaaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You have to remember quite a lot of dates and names and there are 3 exams for History. I enjoy doing History and I'm revising on the content of each unit and making flash cards, to remember the key dates/names.
Changing Skies
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It depends on how much effort you're willing to put in and your ability, to be honest. I loved it and so it was one of my strongest GCSEs. As you enjoy it, you should be absolutely fine I'd say the key to GCSE History is repetition. Write things out over and over until you remember them and they'll stick in your head. Practice any source analysis and you'll get much better and be fine when it comes to the exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firenze26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm currently taking GCSE history right now and while it's a little difficult to memorise all the names and dates, the essay part is pretty easy actually. But if you're still unsure, look at the requirements of your chosen career or look at the other choices, there might be one that you might think is better than history.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads