Which A-Levels should I pick? I have to choose by tomorrow and am so confused!

Watch
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have to pick my A-Levels by tomorrow but I am really stuck. I'm not allowed to do five so I have to pick four out of these:

Economics: I haven't done it before but it is really interesting and apparently I have a natural talent at it.

English Literature: My best subject. I love it. I want to be a writer and I am especially good at analysis.

History: I really enjoy it and the A-Level topics interest me. Not sure about one of the teachers, but I will only have them for a term.

Japanese: I really, REALLY love Japanese. I am predicted an A/A* and there will only be two of us doing it next year so that will be good, too. It interests me and will be useful in later life.

Maths: I am doing an iGCSE and also Additonal Maths. My Maths teacher is trying to put me off because I am not the best in my class but still quite good, and she is apparently trying to put everyone off anyway. I would have to take Maths to pursue an Economics degree.

Thank you so much in advance. I don't really know what I want to do but I want to keep my options open. At the moment I'm thinking PPE, Oriental Studies or English Literature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mindless Behavior
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd say Maths, English and Japanese definitely.

If you like History and think you'd be good at it, you should choose that because an Economics A Level isn't essential for an Economics degree. History is a facilitating subject which is good as you're trying to keep your options open. (If you think you'd get a better grade in Economics though then you should pick it)

Further Maths would be beneficial for a straight Economics degree but I don't think you need it for PPE.
AnimeCrazy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OMG! Japanese! I would DEFO take that, love that language planning to learn it in Uni along side my English degree next year! I think English (which I do too xD A2 is very interesting) Maths and ECO? Or Maths and History, depends on what you want to do in Uni tbh.
tanyapotter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
maths, japanese, economics and english! what a great combination!
number23
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did a combination of Maths and Eng Lit as well, would defo reccommend it. If you are finding maths easy at the moment, i would recommend further maths. Other than that, Japanese is a great choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (9)
12.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.71%
I need help with my personal statement (29)
41.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25.71%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.29%

Watched Threads