CamzBarber
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm looking at what Universities I could enter to study 'Business Studies', I have my GCSE results of (DCCCCCCCBA) and a Distinction* in Business Studies BTEC and a Pass in Information Technology BTEC.

My A-Level Predictions are as follows:
- Business Studies - A/B
- Law - B/C
- English Language - B/C

I also completed IT Games Design at BTEC (AS) and got a Distinction.

I'm also resitting Maths for a higher grade, I currently have a C but will improve that to a B or above.

Does anyone know any websites that can check what I could apply for or know of any with my grade specifications for Business Studies?
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are you looking to apply for 2015 entry? If so, universities start to release their new prospectuses around this time, so the entry requirements may have changed slightly.

Have you tried using the UCAS search tool to look for universities? http://search.ucas.com/ You can use it to check entry requirements and then research further on university websites. A huge number of universities offer business studies and there is a big difference between universities that will accept ABB and BCC. It may be best to look for courses making offers in UCAS points rather than A-level grades as then you could meet the offer with any combination of your BTECs and A-levels.

Some universities may not be keen on you having two qualifications in the same subject and so may only accept one of business studies BTEC and business studies A-level. If you're at all unsure, you can email admissions departments and check before applying.
CamzBarber
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
Are you looking to apply for 2015 entry? If so, universities start to release their new prospectuses around this time, so the entry requirements may have changed slightly.

Have you tried using the UCAS search tool to look for universities? http://search.ucas.com/ You can use it to check entry requirements and then research further on university websites. A huge number of universities offer business studies and there is a big difference between universities that will accept ABB and BCC. It may be best to look for courses making offers in UCAS points rather than A-level grades as then you could meet the offer with any combination of your BTECs and A-levels.

Some universities may not be keen on you having two qualifications in the same subject and so may only accept one of business studies BTEC and business studies A-level. If you're at all unsure, you can email admissions departments and check before applying.
Thanks very much I'm going to check out that UCAS website you mentioned just then. I'll probably go with the advise about going via UCAS points, thanks again.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
www.whatuni.com lets you filter courses by grade / UCAS point requirements
Haytch12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CamzBarber)
I'm looking at what Universities I could enter to study 'Business Studies', I have my GCSE results of (DCCCCCCCBA) and a Distinction* in Business Studies BTEC and a Pass in Information Technology BTEC.

My A-Level Predictions are as follows:
- Business Studies - A/B
- Law - B/C
- English Language - B/C

I also completed IT Games Design at BTEC (AS) and got a Distinction.

I'm also resitting Maths for a higher grade, I currently have a C but will improve that to a B or above.

Does anyone know any websites that can check what I could apply for or know of any with my grade specifications for Business Studies?

Hi, can you please tell me what units you done in the business btec?
it would be of very large help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.54%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.46%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.3%
It might lead to more bullying (57)
37.25%
There's nothing they could do (42)
27.45%

Watched Threads