The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
well, this might come as a relief to some people, but don't rely on it.

I was talking to a woman who worked in a nearby tk-max shop, who was a student in sheffield. She needed AAB i think to do her course, but she got ABB i think. However, she still managed to get in to do her course. So even if you are close, you still have the chance of getting in.

Regards,
Originally posted by ickle_katy
and to the unregistered rah person, are you going to durham or did u turn the offer down?

love Katy ***

I had it down as my firm, but I wanna go to my insurance instead now.
Reply 22
hehe, :P were having a tesco's built at the moment. its gonna b open on july 25th and its gonna have petrol and everything. mayb we'll challenge you to most proffitable. and dont we have the biggest tesco in britain in cardiff???

and whats wrong with choosing a uni on nightlife, its the one thing you know what you like. there's no point choosing on anything like accademic ness of the uni, coz baisucly you might not like the style of teaching, but if u like the night life at least you'll enjoy part of your uni life. and well, you'll spend more time in pubs/clubs than in the acedemic part of hte uni !!!!

love Katy ***
Reply 23
Originally posted by Unregistered
I had it down as my firm, but I wanna go to my insurance instead now.

i thought u couldnt do that, if u get the grades that your firm asks for or they accept you on your grades, you've entered a contract and unless its before 10 days since you chose your firm/insurance. but if you really wanna go to birmingham, ill get in there on clearing and then we'll swap, ill have ur durham bed and u can have my birmingham bed :wink:

love Katy ***
hi Katy :smile: what subject do u wanna do at Durham? u mite have already said but I'm a bit dizzy lol :smile: and I haven't read all this post :smile: hehe :smile:
Reply 25
lol, the way u say with petrol and that, u make it sound like u've never had it before :smile:

You'll have a hard job beating us! Ours is getting a bloody extension, so it'll be even bigger. It makes over £2million a week!
Reply 26
put it this way, its 15 miles one way and 16 miles the other way to get petrol. its quite annoying.

and i doubt ours will make 2 million a year, its only gonna b a baby one.

love Katy ***
Reply 27
and im hopefully going to durham to do natural science. and they are still gonna have us even when we dont get the grades, because the way my dad keeps reassuring me is - if loads of people do baddly, which due to the impossibilityness of the p3 paper, then they'll have to let everyone in or it'll b empty next year, and if they aint got students then they cant make money. if your a compleet prick, then they wont have you, but if your nice (and u sound nice enough) then they'll have ya anyway, jsut try your best!

love Katy ***
and im hopefully going to durham to do natural science. and they are still gonna have us even when we dont get the grades, because the way my dad keeps reassuring me is - if loads of people do baddly, which due to the impossibilityness of the p3 paper, then they'll have to let everyone in or it'll b empty next year, and if they aint got students then they cant make money. if your a compleet prick, then they wont have you, but if your nice (and u sound nice enough) then they'll have ya anyway, jsut try your best!

love Katy ***

hehe, thanx :smile: I want to do English there, this year I'm doing english, french german and maths :frown: I sat the OCR P3, I thought it was way too difficult, and from what I've heard of edexcel that was evil too! ick, exams r awful! really sorry about being question girl here lol, which college ru going to at Durham? I was sposed to b going to Collingwood, I went to one of their overnight stay things in January and its such a nice uni :smile: Good luck with ur results! :smile:
Reply 29
i applied for collingwood but they didnt want me, so im going to st aidans. in a way i prefer going to st aidans now, coz its closer and its nicer when they actually want you rather than just saying oh yeah well have her, when youve applied. but i dun like collingwood coz they were nasty. i went to stay over night an st aidans and had a great time!! i think its nice the way durham ask everyone to come and stay over nihgt you get a much beeter feel for the place than you do if you go 4 an open day, especially when your parents go as well!

love Katy ***
i thought u couldnt do that, if u get the grades that your firm asks for or they accept you on your grades, you've entered a contract and unless its before 10 days since you chose your firm/insurance. but if you really wanna go to birmingham, ill get in there on clearing and then we'll swap, ill have ur durham bed and u can have my birmingham bed :wink:

love Katy ***

Yeah, after 10 days, you have to contact the universities. Birmingham said it was fine, still waiting to hear from Durham.
Just read that you're going to Aidan's. I made an open application and that's where I got put :smile:.
Reply 32
Just read that you're going to Aidan's. I made an open application and that's where I got put :smile:.

now this is why unregistered people annoy me, are you the same unregistered person who just told me they were going to collingwood, or are you going to aidan's ???

love Katy ***
now this is why unregistered people annoy me, are you the same unregistered person who just told me they were going to collingwood, or are you going to aidan's ???

love Katy ***

Nope, I'm the one that wants to go to Birmingham instead :smile:.
Reply 34
ahhhhh, so ur bed is exactly where i want it, if u speak to them again tell them i want your bed if they give mine to someone else. i really really really wanna go to aidans.

love Katy ***
It is stupid to choose a Uni based on nightlife.

I don't think it's stupid to choose your uni based on nightlife. Sure, the course has got to be good, but lets face it you're going to be spending 3/4 years living in the place- you got to like it + stuff like nightlife + shops is a major factor. I also think that anywhere that's got loadsa students is more than likely to have a decnt nightlife- it'd be stupid not to.
Reply 36
^^^ sorry that was me (i'm new) + forgot to log in.
ya its all true.. if u only miss out on ur grade by 3 or 4 marks.. maybe evn 5,, they mite still take u cos they have to accept ppl can make mistakes.. they chose u out of so many others cos of ur potential.. and cos they like u.. if u impressed the interviewer durin the interview.. then he wrote that down.. if he has to recheck ur application cos u failed the grades.. remeber he liked u first time.. so he mite still consider u.. if u fail to make the grade the uni has a choice.. between u .. who is made a commitment to them by makin them firm choice in the first place.. or sumone who didnt excpect to get good grades, but then did and is applyin thru clearin.. and sumone who is in clearin cos they didnt get the grades for another uni.. now u have more advantage then the preson who didnt get the grades for another uni.. and so its a choice between u who they know and liked hence they gave u an offer.. or sum incognito.. they have their own considerations.. but believe that they mite still accept u evn if u miss out slightly.. cos otherwise u have no hope.. BELIEVE.. thts wat im doin.. cos i tottaly fuked p3.. like gave in to the pressure.. me and careless mistakes are best friends.. and i needed an A... for AAB... now. i pray!!
Reply 38
Not for me.

what are you planning on doing 4 3 years then??? sitting in a library???

love Katy ***
Err no, just saying that nightlife didn't have any influence on where I wanted to go.