Uni of Kent Enviro studies then wildlife conservation in 2nd year Watch

hjose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey,
I did a lot of emailing around, back when I was trying to figure out what unis to apply for. I want to do something along the lines of Wildlife Conservation. Uni of Kent have said, because I dont have a science background in A level, they can put me on to the enviornmental studies course ( which i have a conditional offer for) then in the second year if I do well anough in the science topics I can move onto wildlfie conservation in year 2.
Anyone have any idea if this happens very often and if it seems to be likely or unlikely to happen.
Alsooo, how does the whole transferring process work??
Thanks in advance!
University of Kent
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

If you were advised that that is a possibility by the department, it means it is common practice for them to do. As far as how likely it is, it really depends on how hard you work in your first year to catch up with the science elements. If you are getting good grades in your science courses you will be able to step over to the wildlife conservation course.

As far as the transfer process goes, because there are quite a few parallels between the two courses, it would simply be a matter of you being registered on wildlife conservation for your second year, and having a different selection of modules than you would have had in environmental studies.

good luck,

Aaron
Recruitment officer

(Original post by hjose)
Hey,
I did a lot of emailing around, back when I was trying to figure out what unis to apply for. I want to do something along the lines of Wildlife Conservation. Uni of Kent have said, because I dont have a science background in A level, they can put me on to the enviornmental studies course ( which i have a conditional offer for) then in the second year if I do well anough in the science topics I can move onto wildlfie conservation in year 2.
Anyone have any idea if this happens very often and if it seems to be likely or unlikely to happen.
Alsooo, how does the whole transferring process work??
Thanks in advance!
hjose
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ok, thanks for the reply!
Also is there a limit to how many people can actually transfer to wildife conservation, like is it a first come first serve basis?
University of Kent
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Hjose,

It would all depend on how close Wildlife conservation was to capacity that year. For a first hand account you would need to contact the department to ask, but I can't imagine it would be an issue if they told you you'd be able to.

good luck,

Aaron

(Original post by hjose)
Ok, thanks for the reply!
Also is there a limit to how many people can actually transfer to wildife conservation, like is it a first come first serve basis?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (109)
17.3%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.46%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (188)
29.84%

Watched Threads