The Student Room Group

Girls- can you explain this?!

I asked out this girl for the first ever a few days ago. I've never been in a situation like this before.
I asked of she woukd like to hang out together soon. Without hesitation she responded with "yes, sure that would be great". We are both this busy this week, so we arranged to hang out this Monday. I said that I would text her so we can sort something out. She said she'll look forward to it.

Two days later, I text her about Tuesday and if she's like to do xyz.
23 hours later, I've had no response.

I knows she's been on her phone, she always has it on her, she's been on facebook and whatsapp.
Is there still a y hope of her texting me back?
Is this dead in the water?

Why do girl (or some) do this? I feel like crap!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
She's playing silly games. I hate people like this. Honestly, let it go. Maybe it's just me, but I like people who are upfront. Can't stand these dumb games, especially when it's with a person who has her phone on her 24/7
Reply 2
Ring her
Reply 3
Yeah, i'm yet to meet a girl that isn't a total ****.
Mind games to make her feel powerful.
It's pathetic and immature and if she that now she'll always be like that. Some girls like having the feeling they have 'power' over guys, makes them feel confident.

I personally think it's a bit pathetic.
Reply 5
Original post by Over2you
She's playing silly games. I hate people like this. Honestly, let it go. Maybe it's just me, but I like people who are upfront. Can't stand these dumb games, especially when it's with a person who has her phone on her 24/7

She's not the sort of person to play games though, she's not on her phone 24/7, she's not glued to it. Though she does have it on her all the time.

I dunno, she is a bit shy.
Reply 6
I guess she doesnt want to date you but didnt want to hurt you so she agreed for the first time
Reply 7
Original post by harreeeee
Ring her

1) Why would I ring her, when I've already done the hardwork- all I need is confirmation from her that Tuesday is on. I don't want to hassle her.

2) If she has second thoughts, then I really don't want to ring her!
Sounds a bit ****ty for you, sorry. Don't get down about it though she clearly isn't worth the time of day.

Forget her :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Aniaa
I guess she doesnt want to date you but didnt want to hurt you so she agreed for the first time

But it's the complete unknown that hurts. Sure id be disappointed if she's changed her mind, but it's much better than this feeling- it's an answer.

Also I'm not sure that's the case- I'm under the impression she likes me (trust me, I wouldn't have dared asked her if I fought otherwise), she said yes without any hesitation, then we talked for a bit longer as we tried to arrange a day. Meanwhile she's very keen, smiling, and body language is good.

It's all a bit odd.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
She's not the sort of person to play games though, she's not on her phone 24/7, she's not glued to it. Though she does have it on her all the time.

I dunno, she is a bit shy.

Mate, it's either 1 of 2 things. Regardless of how "shy" someone is, if you like someone you will show it. So she's either 1) trying to play games and have power like someone else in this thread said or 2) she just doesn't like you. Sorry pal, but it has to be said. Move on, there are plenty of women in the world.
Reply 11
But it's the complete unknown that hurts. Sure id be disappointed if she's changed her mind, but it's much better than this feeling- it's an answer.

Also I'm not sure that's the case- I'm under the impression she likes me (trust me, I wouldn't have dared asked her if I fought otherwise), she said yes without any hesitation, then we talked for a bit longer as we tried to arrange a day. Meanwhile she's very keen, smiling, and body language is good.

It's all a bit odd.

maybe she was jsut palying with you and didnt realize that things gone that far?
1) Why would I ring her, when I've already done the hardwork- all I need is confirmation from her that Tuesday is on. I don't want to hassle her.

2) If she has second thoughts, then I really don't want to ring her!

then you might have a longer wait
Reply 13
Original post by StrangestThings
Sounds a bit ****ty for you, sorry. Don't get down about it though she clearly isn't worth the time of day.

Forget her :smile:

I don't know if it's as easy to say she isn't worth the time...I don't know what I why she has done this...but I know she's not doing it in arrogance or to purposefully annoy me.

And it's hard to forget her. We see each other at least twice a week!
Reply 14
Original post by Aniaa
maybe she was jsut palying with you and didnt realize that things gone that far?

She really isn't that kind of girl though.
Plus her friend has practically hinted at me that we should go out.
Other people in out social circle say we are great with each other.
Also, I knew sometime ago she tried to asked me out (but got too shy and embarrassed).
I don't know.

Do I text her again?
When I see her on the weekend, should I ask her if she got the text?
I don't know if it's as easy to say she isn't worth the time...I don't know what I why she has done this...but I know she's not doing it in arrogance or to purposefully annoy me.

And it's hard to forget her. We see each other at least twice a week!

If she were interested she would have text back. From experience when I meet someone I like and there is potential for us having a relationship I practically leap on my phone as soon as I get a message.

If she wanted something to happen she would have made it so if I were you I would move on.
Reply 16
She really isn't that kind of girl though.
Plus her friend has practically hinted at me that we should go out.
Other people in out social circle say we are great with each other.
Also, I knew sometime ago she tried to asked me out (but got too shy and embarrassed).
I don't know.

Do I text her again?
When I see her on the weekend, should I ask her if she got the text?

text her now. Its ****ing st Valentines today! Maybe she expects that?
You changed the days Monday>Tuesday

Honestly, it doesn't even seem that bad to give it a second text, christ

I mean she might have forgotten, actually had something up, she might be playing you to test, but the worst case scenario is that she isn't interested but didn't have the balls to say but it's not like you're risking public humiliation of being, I dunno, rejected for a marriage proposal
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Aniaa
text her now. Its ****ing st Valentines today! Maybe she expects that?

I know she's not big on valentines, she's said it before.
If she expects that, why not text me back! I can't read minds!

Plus, I'll just make things worse and more awkward if she doesn't want to hangout now.
Also I didn't want to move things too fast- I haven't even dated her yet, so didn't want to do anything before Tuesday.
Reply 19
Original post by yo radical one
You changed the days Monday>Tuesday

Honestly, it doesn't even seem that bad to give it a second text, christ

I mean she might have forgotten, actually had something up, she might be playing you to test, but the worst case scenario is that she isn't interested but didn't have the balls to say but it's not like you're risking public humiliation of being, I dunno, rejected for a marriage proposal

My bad, meant Monday!

And if she doesn't reply to the second text? Lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending