Just ate some pink chicken... Watch

UniMastermindBOSS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I cut into the thickest part and it was white, so I ate it but towards the end I noticed little bits of pink chicken, but I'd already eaten most of it by then.

How long do I have left?
mrderp28
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1. Pink chicken isn't guaranteed to be dangerous
2. Worst comes to the worse, unless you are a pregnant woman, you won't die
askew116
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Make sure you have a plentiful supply of toilet roll :sick:

Seriously though, if it was only small amounts of pink, you'll probably be ok.
A321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You'll live.
UniMastermindBOSS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Okay, thanks everyone. I do feel a bit sick though maybe it's just paranoia tho
tomclarky
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The amount of paranoia that exists over getting food poisoning is hilarious. People think that unless you have all but cremated a piece of chicken then you will definitely get food poisoning.

The reality is that the majority of the bacteria that is contained in meat is actually on the outside where it has been exposed to air, meaning that pretty much all the dangerous microbes are killed within the first few minutes of cooking. I'm convinced that the vast majority of food poisoning cases are where people cross contaminate rather than not cooking something sufficiently, e.g people are touching raw meat and then not washing their hands before touching something else. Even then the risk is still fairly low.

Food companies are just scared of being sued. If meat was as dangerous as people make out then it wouldn't be sold in the first place.
askew116
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tomclarky)
The amount of paranoia that exists over getting food poisoning is hilarious. People think that unless you have all but cremated a piece of chicken then you will definitely get food poisoning.

The reality is that the majority of the bacteria that is contained in meat is actually on the outside where it has been exposed to air, meaning that pretty much all the dangerous microbes are killed within the first few minutes of cooking. I'm convinced that the vast majority of food poisoning cases are where people cross contaminate rather than not cooking something sufficiently, e.g people are touching raw meat and then not washing their hands before touching something else

Food companies are just scared of being sued. If meat was that dangerous then it wouldn't be sold in the first place.
I understand that, and logically I agree.

However, I've had full-on food poisoning (bed and toilet bound for up to 2 weeks! ) twice in my life, and it's absolutely horrendous. So I'd rather be paranoid than risk getting ill from it again.
Eva.Gregoria
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Make a will and say your last goodbyes. You're clearly going to die from food poisoning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah bro enjoy your last few hours Adios. :wavey:
may348
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've eaten pink chicken many times. In fact, the only time I've ever gotten food poisoning was from chicken that seemed totally cooked. Even if you do get sick, you'll live.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pray to the rooster god to save your meaty soul.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
Nah youll be fine. What was the cause of your previous cases of food poisoning?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (7)
43.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (4)
25%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (2)
12.5%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (1)
6.25%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (2)
12.5%

Watched Threads

Latest