?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
---------------------------------
sandbags
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
there is zero point in eating 250 grams protein at your weight, tbh there's really no reason to ever go above 1 gram per lb unless you're on gear or cutting in a large deficit, any excess protein you eat just gets converted to carbs anyway so anything over 150 grams and you're essentially eating more expensive and less tasty carbs, past the point of diminishing returns etc
sandbags
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lay-Z)
The thing is I'm reluctant to replace it for fat or carbs as I'm trying to put on lean muscle whilst maintaining low bf%. What would you suggest?
replacing excess protein with carbs/fat won't make you put on any more fat, my advice is to do a small caloric surplus of say 300 cals, ensure you're getting your 150 grams protein per day, get your fat minimums (0.45 grams per lb), and make up the rest of your calories however you want, preferrably in carbs, trust me carbs are your best friend on a bulk and so long as you stay in a small surplus of 300 calories you will put on minimal fat
baconbutty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
everyones body responds differently just do what your body responds to.
Nvmthename
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd rather have too much protein than too little. Dont change your diet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Baron of Sealand
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just masturbate them away.
drewBusby
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
250g of protein is too much. It should be around 0.5/1 g of protein per a pound of body weight.
sandbags
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lay-Z)
Do you know how to accurately calculate maintenance calories?
also that's a lot of fat are you sure thy much? Normally the most fat I have is from semi skimmed milk in the morning, (unless I have a cheat meal)..
dude, 0.45 grams fat is the bare MINIMUM you should be eating, dietary fat is very important for hormones and other things, you shouldn't be scared of eating fat it's a vital macronutrient, as I said you will not get fat provided you're in a small surplus and lifting weights

use this to figure out your maintenance calories:

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

also have a read of this it tells you the basics of what you need to know about nutrition

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

I also recommend signing up to myfitnesspal if you haven't it makes tracking your food so much easier
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lay-Z)
Hi I am 18 165cm and about 150 poundsn, i've worked out I eat about 150g of protein on non lifting days with limited carbs and minimal fat. On lifting days I eat about 200g-250g of protein moderate carbs and slightly more fats. I'm asking this as I received some whey protein as a gift today. I was going to incorporate it into my diet but online it says that I should be having 90g a day?
The amount of protein you need is a myth.

1 - 1.5g of protein per KG of bodyweight as a good figure. But don't get to caught up in the numbers. Just eat good whole foods and make sure you train hard.
Beardbrah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lay-Z)
The thing is I'm reluctant to replace it for fat or carbs as I'm trying to put on lean muscle whilst maintaining low bf%. What would you suggest?
You can't gain a ****ing ounce of muscle without carbs mate, that's the ****in truth

And as for protein requirements, you personally probably need no more than 150g per day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.17%
Disagree (6)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (40)
33.33%
Agree (46)
38.33%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.17%

Watched Threads