The Student Room Group

Would this put me at a disadvantage?

I have received a conditional offer from King Edward Five Ways VI for the following courses:

Chemistry

Physics

Biology

Psychology

The issue is, I had entered psychology randomly as a reserve choice with maths being my original choice.

So I was wondering, would I still be able to compete for place at a medical school without maths or would I be overlooked for someone who has?

Also, is Psychology a good subject to do if I'm looking for a career in science and how well suited is it towards becoming a doctor or surgeon?
Reply 1
Maths definitely helps with the UKCAT exam, the entrance exam used by the majority of medical schools, however every medical school doesn't specifically ask for maths. They just want Biology and Chemistry. It helps but it isn't necessary at all. I was looking at the Oxbridge statistics and like 21% of their medical students didn't have maths as an A level
Original post by tanzeelh
I have received a conditional offer from King Edward Five Ways VI for the following courses:

Chemistry

Physics

Biology

Psychology

The issue is, I had entered psychology randomly as a reserve choice with maths being my original choice.

So I was wondering, would I still be able to compete for place at a medical school without maths or would I be overlooked for someone who has?

Also, is Psychology a good subject to do if I'm looking for a career in science and how well suited is it towards becoming a doctor or surgeon?

I havent received a letter yet :frown: My head of year messed up some of the refernces and Five ways havent got any of them so I am nervous! :l
Reply 3
Original post by Marcusroye98
I havent received a letter yet :frown: My head of year messed up some of the refernces and Five ways havent got any of them so I am nervous! :l

You could always ring in on the Monday to find out what's happening. It's something I'm looking to do on Monday to possibly try and change my psychology subject to maths.

If they are not able to do that then I guess I'll just wait for a response from King Edwards Stourbridge.
Original post by tanzeelh
You could always ring in on the Monday to find out what's happening. It's something I'm looking to do on Monday to possibly try and change my psychology subject to maths.

If they are not able to do that then I guess I'll just wait for a response from King Edwards Stourbridge.

I will just wait to see what happens :L

Quick Reply

Latest