Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

A-Level Urdu Edexcel Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually doing Urdu A-level by myself and if anybody could tell me what I'd be needing for AS and A2 please.
    Thank You!

ReputationRep:
    what do you mrsn by 'needing'..
    All you have to do is listen in class,,, do past papers.

ReputationRep:
    No as in like would I be needing any specific book or something

ReputationRep:
    Check the Edexcel specification

ReputationRep:
    have you done your urdu speaking orals yet? im hoping to do youth concerns and culture but i need to talk about it for aaaages!

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I have my Urdu AS speaking tomorrow and my topic is Education and Employment. If anyone has done this.. how is the text?x

ReputationRep:
    my Urdu AS speaking was today and it is based on Education and Employment. how was it?

ReputationRep:
    it was ok but i had to do it privately...

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking to do an Urdu A-Level and I am in year 9. I want to apply for medicine to good uni in the UK.It is my mother tongue, and my second language. I am a fluent speaker and I think I will manage listening. But the writing tasks I will struggle with. Do you think I should do it?

ReputationRep:
    YUP....I APPLIED FOR KINGS COLLEGE AND THEY ACCEPTED IT....THEY REALLY DON'T CARE IF IT'S Your mother tongue...cos the exam is quite hard...i am preparing for it...and there is a lot!!! you need to know how to write-without spelling mistake....you don't need to write complex stuff...but you need to be able to actually write...
    do it you have plenty of time...and all the unis i applied for accepted urdu....good luck

ReputationRep:
    yeh, do it, im applying for english and all the unis i have applied to have accepted this. good luck

ReputationRep:
    thankyou

ReputationRep:
    I am doing A level Urdu this year too. I came from Pakistan few years ago so listening and speaking isn't a problem. But since I am aiming for an A* I am finding it hard to write an essay of A* standard. Unit 4 is harder than all the other units. Any tips? I don't have problem with spelling mistakes but its just the general essay content I am struggling with !!

ReputationRep:
    look at examiners reports on the edexcel urdu website they have essay written out by pupils...they tell u the good and bad points...
    does anyone have a prediction idea of what may come as the essay q's in unit2....hopefully its education

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Asker)
    look at examiners reports on the edexcel urdu website they have essay written out by pupils...they tell u the good and bad points...
    does anyone have a prediction idea of what may come as the essay q's in unit2....hopefully its education
    No idea what its going to be this time. Yeah I have already looked at the examiner reports. You know there is this question in unit 4 which asks you to write the essay that you did the research about. I am going to write about a movie but in june 2013 paper the 2nd part of the movie question asked what are the weak and strong aspects of the movie? I dont understand whAt this question means. Is it asking to criticize the movie by telling a weak point or something else? I am sorry but if anyone could explain this to me it would be great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    I am doing A level Urdu this year too. I came from Pakistan few years ago so listening and speaking isn't a problem. But since I am aiming for an A* I am finding it hard to write an essay of A* standard. Unit 4 is harder than all the other units. Any tips? I don't have problem with spelling mistakes but its just the general essay content I am struggling with !!
    I did it last year and got an A* with 396 Ums. The easiest essay to score marks on is the one based on any literature u have read. Generally the history and geography ones are the ones that are more tricky to score marks on. The grade boundaries for unit4 are generally quite low though so don't think u have to worry too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashc94)
    I did it last year and got an A* with 396 Ums. The easiest essay to score marks on is the one based on any literature u have read. Generally the history and geography ones are the ones that are more tricky to score marks on. The grade boundaries for unit4 are generally quite low though so don't think u have to worry too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations on getting A*. I didnt choose geographical and historical essay. I am going to talk about the movie. There was this question last year that what are the weak and strong aspects of the movie, I dont understand what it means. Could you please explain what is this question trying to ask? Btw my movie choice is 'Khuda ka liay"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's unit 2 tomorrow, I hope the essay topic is interesting. June 2011, the one about recycling is a rather boring topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    Hi, I came from Pakistan 3 years ago and I'm doing urdu too for this year. I bought this book from amazon. It's like a topical but it has all the information I need based on every topic for unit 2. The best thing to do is check the examiner reports, sample student essays and practice a lot! Goodluck. although my handwriting is pretty bad too lol. SO are the spelling mistakes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    which unis did you apply to that accepted? i am going to apply this year and i got a bad grade in one of my as levels but got an A in urdu. i was thinking of using Urdu when applying

Poll
Liquorice: Love it, or loathe it?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.