The Student Room Group

Constitutional

Need help with an essay. I keep reading but don't even know what to include or what not to any pointers?

The governance of the United Kingdom with respect to reserved matters continues to follow the model of political constitutionalism, whereas the governance of devolved matters in Scotland is based on a model of legal constitutionalism.
Original post by jenny-1234
Need help with an essay. I keep reading but don't even know what to include or what not to any pointers?

The governance of the United Kingdom with respect to reserved matters continues to follow the model of political constitutionalism, whereas the governance of devolved matters in Scotland is based on a model of legal constitutionalism.

'The governance of the United Kingdom with respect to reserved matter' = devolved institutions rights there. 'follow the model of political constitutionalism' political constitutionalism proposed by J.A.G. Griffith. 'whereas the governance of devolved matter in Scotland is based on a model of legal constitutionalism' = Common Law constitutionalism here, 6 things required proposed by Adam Tomkins.

Main areas the question concerns: devolution, political constitutionalism, common law constitutionalism. Possibly, political accountability to parliament and the judiciary could fall into here. It really depends on the question. That can't be the full thing can it? I have no clue what it's asking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending