Jayjay007
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have my GCSE's coming up, and I was wondering how long before the exam I should start revising.

Someone please help?!
danconway
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depending on how much you need to revise... Now, probably.
If you have exams such as French - where you need to learn for a speaking exam, you should start learning answers now.
If you have exams based on set works, such as Music, English or Latin, you should also start revising soon-ish, so that you are familiar with all the works before you start proper revision (past papers, notes, etc.).
And also, if there's stuff you find particularly difficult, get it out of the way now - if you're in the UK, there's a good chance you're on half term as of now - look through your subjects, and come up with a list of high priority revision topics: you can discuss what you find difficult with your teacher when you get back.

But, in terms of hardcore revision... not just yet. Maybe start in about 2/3 weeks.
squarecoffee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by danconway)
Depending on how much you need to revise... Now, probably.
If you have exams such as French - where you need to learn for a speaking exam, you should start learning answers now.
If you have exams based on set works, such as Music, English or Latin, you should also start revising soon-ish, so that you are familiar with all the works before you start proper revision (past papers, notes, etc.).
And also, if there's stuff you find particularly difficult, get it out of the way now - if you're in the UK, there's a good chance you're on half term as of now - look through your subjects, and come up with a list of high priority revision topics: you can discuss what you find difficult with your teacher when you get back.

But, in terms of hardcore revision... not just yet. Maybe start in about 2/3 weeks.
What. Are you classifying hardcore revision as ? How many hours a day ?
Its_Tito
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hardcore revision on holiday days can be like 5/6 hours with breaks....pretend you still have school, wake up early and do most work in the morning xx
danconway
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well, by hardcore revision, I mean truly focused, staring at revision guides, making notes, or in the case of languages, learning what to say in your oral, etc.
I think on study leave/holidays, good 6 hour days are important- it should be like you're at school, but you're not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
danconway
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I somewhat disagree about the waking up early idea- well, if it works for you then good: but I'd much rather prefer starting at 10 and going on to 4/5pm.
But anyway, everyone likes to do different things- find out what works for you- ie. how long you can keep interested in a subject, how often your breaks need to be, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (217)
33.91%
No (423)
66.09%

Watched Threads