The Student Room Group

12 A*s and 2 As, ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Omghacklol, Your grades are outstanding and very impressive, I respect you for offering your knowledge and help. I would like to ask you a question regarding revision.How do you constantly get into the revision mood? I revise sometimes and feel that I have done a lot but then feel a little bit complacent and feel that I don't need to revise until a few days later. Also, is starting hardcore revision from now enough? Or will I need more time.
Reply 81
Original post by Nemo Fish
Ask anything....

Marry me? :eek:

ok babes <3

Original post by rxmtf
Is your mummy proud of you?

Maybe a little, wish she was a bit more tho :P

Original post by Paras Agarwal
gosh you're dumb man! only 14A's ?

Yeah it's unacceptable mate. Shoulda been 15 at least!

Original post by AngelPhys
How can a man go 8 days without sleep? ''Ask me anything''.

Transform into an animal and hibernate the whole winter. Easy mate.

Original post by Robowarrior
Omghacklol, Your grades are outstanding and very impressive, I respect you for offering your knowledge and help. I would like to ask you a question regarding revision.How do you constantly get into the revision mood? I revise sometimes and feel that I have done a lot but then feel a little bit complacent and feel that I don't need to revise until a few days later. Also, is starting hardcore revision from now enough? Or will I need more time.

Thank you. Well firstly I was never a huge fan of 'revising', my way of preparing was by reading through and making sure everything was understood as opposed to memorised and past papers of course and understanding EXACTLY how marks are awarded on the mark scheme and I never had motivational issues (at all) doing this. What is boring is trying to force yourself to read notes which seem to be of no use to your life. Don't fall into that trap :smile:

If you want good grades you won't have problems working to get them. Also it is very important to believe you can get the high marks, don't be satisfied with just what is average, go for full marks if possible. Then if you don't manage to get them, you're still left with an A*. Yes it is enough but make sure you are disciplined. Be efficient, not hardworking!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by helwolf
Some people on this thread are so ridiculously and blatantly jealous of you it's highly amusing to read. Congratulations though OP you did super! I hope you do just as well in your A-levels or whatever courses you're taking now.

Thanks very much for backing me, you are very kind haha. Yes I have gotten many good laughs reading some people's responses. All the best for you too!
Reply 83
When you say check the examiners report, what do you mean? I don't understand how they would be of any help.
Reply 84
Original post by sjaan
When you say check the examiners report, what do you mean? I don't understand how they would be of any help.

Not effective for all subjects, but probably for sciences, history and geography etc. They outline literally every single misconception/mistake that students make in the exams and you can learn so much from them, I certainly did. If 10000 people make the same mistake what's the chance that you might too?
Original post by Omghacklol
Last year I managed 12 A*s in:

Edexcel IGCSE:

-Human Biology
-Biology
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Mathematics
-Further Pure Mathematics
-Chinese

Edexcel GCSE:

-Business Studies and Economics
-History A
-Geography B (full marks in everything)

AQA

-German
-Further Maths (A* with distinction)

2 As in

CIE IGCSE

-English Language
-English Literature

If you do any of these and want any help, advice or simply want a random discussion on anything then feel free to ask me anything.

well done on getting good grades, ignore the idiots.
any advice in getting a better grade in maths,business studies, history, geography and science.

Don't let anyone insult you for your grades.
What do u want to do at uni?
were the peasants of tsarist russia considered as illiterate or otherwise? :h:

Edexcel IGCSE:

-Human Biology
-Biology
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Mathematics
-Chinese

Edexcel GCSE:

-History A

AQA

-German

2 As in

CIE IGCSE

-English Language
-English Literature

If you do any of these and want any help, advice or simply want a random discussion on anything then feel free to ask me anything.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by sparkes101
well done on getting good grades, ignore the idiots.
any advice in getting a better grade in maths,business studies, history, geography and science.

Thank you :smile: If you don't mind could you please read the advice I've dished on previous pages, I'm a bit lazy haha
x

What do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?
Reply 90

Edexcel IGCSE:

-Human Biology
-Biology
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Mathematics
-Chinese

Edexcel GCSE:

-History A

AQA

-German

2 As in

CIE IGCSE

-English Language
-English Literature

okey Mr intelligent... i really need help with business studies. that's the problem.... making me very tense and worried
Reply 91
Original post by flou_fboco2
were the peasants of tsarist russia considered as illiterate or otherwise? :h:

Why do you care? :P
Reply 92
Original post by aisha 56
okey Mr intelligent... i really need help with business studies. that's the problem.... making me very tense and worried

Calm down, do some past papers and read the examiners report, BOOM A* IN THE BAG.
Why do you care? :P

cause i need it for my paper but can't find anything online so maybe they discussed it in your history lessons :smile:
Reply 94
Calm down, do some past papers and read the examiners report, BOOM A* IN THE BAG.

haha if things were that easy i could have got A* all around

ur just oversimplifying it :smile:
Well in my opinion the pedestrianisation is good, it means there is a substantially greater amount of shopping happening compared to equally sized cities such as Coventry. This definitely would have a positive effect on the area's economy.

Just kidding #partridge

I'll be honest, i'm dead against it. People forget that traders need access to Dixons.
A lot of people have said that GCSEs are meaningless and all, which they probably are, but why are people then getting bothered by this thread? It might not be the wisest decision to just share your GCSE results like that, but equally it shouldn't really annoy anyone. Even if it is slightly irritating, you can just move on to another thread!

I'm not exactly on your side for creating this, OP, however you're actually responding in a decent manner to the silly comments on what seemed to be a silly thread (although it has turned out to help people with their revision I guess, so it's not all that bad... :tongue:). Anyhow, well done; I think you've managed to revise and regurgitate information successfully, guess it deserves some credit. I have to start doing that now. D:
Reply 97
How did you get A* in German?? i'm doing it for 1.5 years and have exam in May/June and it's a torture.The Past Papers are kicking my ass and i have no idea how to improve.
Wheres the downvote button when you need it?
Original post by EatAndRevise
Firstly GCSE marks mean NOTHING, secondly you're a ****, thirdly good luck getting a job/ getting into university with your attitude i.e. the attitude of a ****.

lol leave him alone. Well yes they do matter or else we wouldn't do them then. And no he's a nice guy - offering help and advice to others who will sit gcses. Every uni looks at academic credentials over anything else - and since he's definitely in the top 1% and extremely bright, he will practically get into any uni that he wants.

And also he doesn't have to help others, he's doing it off his own accord. And his advice may help others to do well, I don't know why you're being so mean to him, since he has good intentions :/

Quick Reply

Latest