The Student Room Group

How to get an A* in GCSE history (OCR)

Evening everyone,

I am in need of anyone who got an A* in GCSE history. I would really appreciate it if you could give me any tips and advice as I want an A* in it so badly. I only got a B in my mock in December and have worked really hard since then but when I did a past paper on Britain liberal reforms I only got a B again after working hard. I have a good revision guide (CGP and another more specific one) and started revision for my may exam in January. Sorry if this post sounds ego boosting in any way, I really don't want it to I just need some help.

I'm doing OCR modern world history, the cold war with Russia and then Britain of course.

Any help will be greatly appreciated whether its about revision tips or something else relevant!:smile::smile:
Original post by easyaspirsquared
Evening everyone,

I am in need of anyone who got an A* in GCSE history. I would really appreciate it if you could give me any tips and advice as I want an A* in it so badly. I only got a B in my mock in December and have worked really hard since then but when I did a past paper on Britain liberal reforms I only got a B again after working hard. I have a good revision guide (CGP and another more specific one) and started revision for my may exam in January. Sorry if this post sounds ego boosting in any way, I really don't want it to I just need some help.

I'm doing OCR modern world history, the cold war with Russia and then Britain of course.

Any help will be greatly appreciated whether its about revision tips or something else relevant!:smile::smile:

Is this the paper with the sources? :smile: I did a liberal reforms paper in 2012 and got 48/50 so I'd happily give you some tips! (If it is the same paper, of course) :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Is this the paper with the sources? :smile: I did a liberal reforms paper in 2012 and got 48/50 so I'd happily give you some tips! (If it is the same paper, of course) :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes the source based paper! I did the 2012 one as the past paper and got 37/50 so please help me! Also thanks for the quick reply :smile:
Original post by easyaspirsquared
Yes the source based paper! I did the 2012 one as the past paper and got 37/50 so please help me! Also thanks for the quick reply :smile:

Oh phew, thought so! That's still a great mark so don't worry too much :biggrin: Do you know where you tend to fall down? Is it the background knowledge or interpreting the sources or? :smile: you're welcome!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest