The Student Room Group

Where could I start from to improve my English for assignments in University

I am currently taking a gap year and going to study Architecture in September, since I still have quite a few months to get myself together to prepare for the start of the course, I would like some help from you guys to suggest ways to develop my assignment writing ability and efficiency. Here's a bit about myself:

I didn't know any English before I started school here in year 7 and since then I've always struggled with grammar and a limited range of vocabulary. I've never found any other subjects that I have studied more challenging than English itself, and I just about to have managed to score a C in GCSE English, that was the extent of my English knowledge and I've not had a chance to develop it since. So never mind about writing essays in different styles or doing assignments that are generally around 2000 word counts, it may still be accomplishable, but it will end up taking endless time for me to complete. So I've come to a point right now where I get very frustrated of this weakness and I am very eager to improve it.

I am currently looking for a way to develop this independently and free of cost if possible, but I won't exclude any great suggestions for a course or even hiring a tutor if it is worthwhile.

Would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some advice or resources to start my learning off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending