Was told I had to pay for a copy of my medical record?

Watch
civilstudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I had a blood test at occupational health which checked for measles mumps etc immunity before I started a job for the NHS. Several weeks later I obtained another job which asked me to provide evidence of immunity to measles etc. So I rang occupational health and asked them to email me the results of the blood test I'd had (which showed I was immune). They said that they would but that it would cost me £20 since they would have to search through a lot of records which apparently takes a lot of their time.

I didn't feel that I should have to pay it as I thought that people had a right to their records :/. Or does this right come with a price?

I just oust thought forget it so now for this second job I will have to either have the vaccination even though I'm immune ( since I've not got the proof) or else have another blood test.

What do you think is it common for occupation health to charge for access to your records ?
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's usual practice for you to be charged a fee to access you records, though when I had vaccinations and blood test by occy health I got sent a copy of the results. Didn't you get a copy of the results?
civilstudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by moonkatt)
It's usual practice for you to be charged a fee to access you records, though when I had vaccinations and blood test by occy health I got sent a copy of the results. Didn't you get a copy of the results?
No i didnt they told me if i dont hear anything then assume all is ok. if i needed anything elee they said they would call me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (8)
13.33%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
13.33%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (7)
11.67%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
41.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (10)
16.67%

Watched Threads