Lm511
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, I was wondering how difficult would it be to sit 7 of the last 15 ICAEW exams in two years?
M1011
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
7 of the last 15? That phrase is pretty unclear. The last 7 exams? The first 7 exams? There are only 15 exams!

Anyway, that aside, seven is more than reasonable. Many on training contracts sit all 15 in two years, some sit them in considerably less time.
Lm511
Rep:
?
(Original post by M1011)
7 of the last 15? That phrase is pretty unclear. The last 7 exams? The first 7 exams? There are only 15 exams!

Anyway, that aside, seven is more than reasonable. Many on training contracts sit all 15 in two years, some sit them in considerably less time.
Sorry, when I was writing it I thought it was a bit unspecified. I mean four exams on the professional level and the three on the advanced level. Ok thanks. I wouldn't understand doing all 15 in two years if you have to sign a 3 year training contract though.
alibee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lm511)
Sorry, when I was writing it I thought it was a bit unspecified. I mean four exams on the professional level and the three on the advanced level. Ok thanks. I wouldn't understand doing all 15 in two years if you have to sign a 3 year training contract though.
It's really normal to be exam qualified with at least 6 months of your training contract to go. Completely normal. Obviously the contract is 3 years in length as you need that long to get the experience to gain your qualification.
Lm511
Rep:
?
(Original post by alibee)
It's really normal to be exam qualified with at least 6 months of your training contract to go. Completely normal. Obviously the contract is 3 years in length as you need that long to get the experience to gain your qualification.
Ok thanks, I didn't know that. I'm hoping to come out of uni only having to do 2 years training because of the UPP programme which takes a year off my training through a placement year. I was also wondering how difficult it would be to do the 7 exams in two years because if it's too difficult to do then I'd rather not do the UPP training programme in university and just do the rest of my ICAEW exams in my 3 years training. Another question, do firms like it if you do extra activities, for example working on certificates which show management skills and working with the stock exchange for example. Main reason I'm asking is if I can add this to the degree would it make me more desirable or is it just something to add to the CV?
M1011
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lm511)
Ok thanks, I didn't know that. I'm hoping to come out of uni only having to do 2 years training because of the UPP programme which takes a year off my training through a placement year. I was also wondering how difficult it would be to do the 7 exams in two years because if it's too difficult to do then I'd rather not do the UPP training programme in university and just do the rest of my ICAEW exams in my 3 years training. Another question, do firms like it if you do extra activities, for example working on certificates which show management skills and working with the stock exchange for example. Main reason I'm asking is if I can add this to the degree would it make me more desirable or is it just something to add to the CV?
I'm not sure what the UPP programme is, but bear in mind most places offer three year training contracts, not two years. So if you've already done a year of your technical work experience, that doesn't mean a firm is going to let you off early. You'll still work the three years to qualify in the majority of cases. You'll need the three years to progress in your job role anyway, regardless of the qualification.

With regards to the other stuff, anything that lets you nail down competency interview questions is going to be helpful. If you're not sure what those are, I highly recommend you google it Lots of good advise out there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (103)
34.11%
No I don't (138)
45.7%
I work during the holidays (61)
20.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise