The Student Room Group

How to cope with a date been cancelled?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
ah thanks for looking out for me, Yeah I should but she's got a lot on her mind so I'll give her the break to think about if and if she comes back and begins making a good effort then I think I won't assume the worst of her.

Her "having a lot on her mind" is not a good enough excuse for her to mistreat you.
Reply 41
Original post by Ronove
She could easily just have freaked out when it came down to it. I've been well into an 'online' (+phone conversations) relationship before, talked about meeting and been fine(ish) and then suddenly freaked. Though the one time I'm thinking of is where he sent me a photo which made him look incredibly ugly. I'm sure he would've looked better in person, and more in keeping with other photos. But for some reason this one photo and the angle just freaked me out. I think it's because he demonstrated he had invested a lot in this working (the photo was showing his new haircut which he got partly as a precursor to meeting me), and I was terrified of it not working out and me disappointing him and feeling guilty. So I broke it off. Which of course crushed him regardless. But fear is fear.

Ah that's fair enough tbh! but I think its a different reason here, she said she would be shy but yesterday she seemed very up for it (told her friends that she was excited etc)

Original post by LogicDevelopment
Her "having a lot on her mind" is not a good enough excuse for her to mistreat you.

That's true
(edited 10 years ago)

That's true

You are being too generous possibly, you need to confront her on this, that way, everything can be resolved.
Please keep on-topic

This isn't a discussion about if the OP is in love or not, and any such discussion is likely to turn heated.
Reply 44
Original post by LogicDevelopment
You are being too generous possibly, you need to confront her on this, that way, everything can be resolved.

I see well I've tried doing that and that's just made her say ''do whatever you want'' so yeah I suppose I'll just follow that command

Original post by rmhumphries
Please keep on-topic

This isn't a discussion about if the OP is in love or not, and any such discussion is likely to turn heated.

Cheers
Reply 45
Just take your mind off her. Give it a few weeks. If she comes back to you then you can go from there. If she doesn't come back then you're probably best off without her.

Think about it this way. If she stood you up, then why should you do anything?
Reply 46
Original post by jay2013
Just take your mind off her. Give it a few weeks. If she comes back to you then you can go from there. If she doesn't come back then you're probably best off without her.

Think about it this way. If she stood you up, then why should you do anything?

I think I will do just this, time for some motivational music I suppose.

Yeah that's true. I'm just glad it wasn't one of those cancellations where she didn't show up
In order to cope you will have to move on, speak to more girls etc. I'm tempted to join the others and bad mouth her, but there are 2 sides to every story, and this is just your perspective. Sorry to hear this OP.
Reply 48
In order to cope you will have to move on, speak to more girls etc. I'm tempted to join the others and bad mouth her, but there are 2 sides to every story, and this is just your perspective. Sorry to hear this OP.

thanks for the well balanced response, and yeah I suppose that's the way to get over this. Thank you
thanks for the well balanced response, and yeah I suppose that's the way to get over this. Thank you

No problem anon. It's best she never manages to find this however, as that break will last longer than initially anticipated.
Reply 50
Some girls are scatterbrained and flakey, it's just in their nature. Some guys bend over backwards to try and deal with it but my advice would be to drop those girls wherever you found them.

You know the kind of ditsy idiots who you make plans with and they're like "oh I didn't check my phone LOL". What kind of person in this day and age doesn't check their phone for hours. Maybe they do it on purpose to give the illusion of having high value, who knows.

But the best advice I can give is as soon as you hear any of that kind of crap. Just say "tra" and cut contact.
Those girls will ONLY ever get low status males because they're the only ones who lack the self respect to move on so the joke is on them in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending