The Student Room Group

Adv Chemistry/Adv Biology project help

For chemistry I need another way to find the sodium hypochlorite ion in bleach.
I have already done it by titration and by reacting the bleach with hydrogen peroxide. Im finding it difficult to get enough information for another method, which would be a third aim.

For biology I have done the effect of pesticides on seed germination of cress and white mustard seed. I have two aims- the effect of varying concentration of a pesticide on seed germination of both seed types. And a comparison of two pesticides (at same conc) on seed germination of both seed types. Im trying to think of a third variable for a thrid aim. (I was advised against doing volume as i am doing concentration)

I was thinking about doing the concentration one again but at higher concentrations but not sure if i could get away with that being another aim?

Also- I dont have very long to do this now so methods/aims which aren't too extensive would be good. xD If there are webstes anyone could direct me too it would be great. Basically, im looking for a third aim for both projects, because I heard that to get a good mark you need three aims :biggrin: Thanks guuys.
Reply 1
Not sure about chemistry, I don't know anyone doing that investigation and mine is on aspirin... For biology though you could look at delivery method? i.e. spraying it on to the seeds or sitting them on a water and pesticide soaked paper towel. Could also look at temperature and how it effects the pesticide's action :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending