How long should I revise per day for my GCSEs in May/June?

Watch
Simran_Kamble
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I do revise and take notes on subjects such as science and maths but I really need to know how long I should revise from now on (holidays start tomorrow) till May? so half of february, march, april and half of may.

How many hours a day of each subject. How many hours should I be doing in school days, on weekends, and in the holidays? I currently get Bs and As. I am aiming for As and A*s only.

The subjects I am studying are: (triple science) and these are my aims.
Maths- A*
english Lang- A
English Lit- A*
Bio- A*
chem- A*
Physics- A
geog- A
Media- A*
spanish- A
Omghacklol
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2595174

The time you put in isn't important, it's how well you use that time.

I was never a huge fan of 'revising', my way of preparing was by reading through and making sure everything was understood as opposed to memorised and past papers of course and understanding EXACTLY how marks are awarded on the mark scheme and I never had motivational issues (at all) doing this. What is boring is trying to force yourself to read notes which seem to be of no use to your life. Don't fall into that trap Image

If you want good grades you won't have problems working to get them. Also it is very important to believe you can get the high marks, don't be satisfied with just what is average, go for full marks if possible. Then if you don't manage to get them, you're still left with an A*. Be efficient, not hardworking!

Having said that 3 or 4 intense 20 minute bursts is definitely enough till study leave.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There is no specific amount of time you need to spend. Some people can get away with nothing, others need to spend hours per day.

(Original post by Omghacklol)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2595174

The time you put in isn't important, it's how well you use that time.

I was never a huge fan of 'revising', my way of preparing was by reading through and making sure everything was understood as opposed to memorised and past papers of course and understanding EXACTLY how marks are awarded on the mark scheme and I never had motivational issues (at all) doing this. What is boring is trying to force yourself to read notes which seem to be of no use to your life. Don't fall into that trap Image

If you want good grades you won't have problems working to get them. Also it is very important to believe you can get the high marks, don't be satisfied with just what is average, go for full marks if possible. Then if you don't manage to get them, you're still left with an A*. Be efficient, not hardworking!

Having said that 3 or 4 intense 20 minute bursts is definitely enough till study leave.

Why are you linking to your thread which has absolutely nothing to do with this? Contrary to what you may think, you are not the model of a perfect student.
Omghacklol
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Chlorophile)
There is no specific amount of time you need to spend. Some people can get away with nothing, others need to spend hours per day.

Why are you linking to your thread which has absolutely nothing to do with this? Contrary to what you may think, you are not the model of a perfect student.
I never said/thought I am? I am a pretty bad student to be honest if you look at it that way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (712)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (897)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (396)
18.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed