I can't revise for science... Watch

LeahNK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've been really struggling with science GCSE recently and can't find a revision method that suits me. I did my mocks last month and got D's in all (triple science). I had to do a biology test last week and with the little revision I did got a low C. I not have to retake my mocks in two weeks and need to learn p1, p2, p3, b1, b2, b3, c1, c2 and c,3, which will decide weather I do foundation or higher. I know mocks don't mean much, but I really want to revise early and get at least B's in all my sciences. I really try with revision but I can't learn from revising my revision guides, and I've tried doing summaries and drawings myself but they don't really help me learn anything. I've really got to do the best I can to do well in my mocks but I can't revise and would really appreciate knowing what methods and resources are out there that people use (my exam board is OCR gateway)? Thank you!
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Past papers are the best revision. Just work away at them until you get it, using the book when you don't know something.

There really is not substitute for hard work.
sparkes101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i am the same, and i am hopefully doing half my GCSE science exam this year and the best way i work is by re-writting my notes or doing exam questions, i know it may sound boring but that just how I learn
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Past papers will determine what you know. Do one and use the revision guide to go over the stuff you got wrong, but when you do finish papers, use the mark scheme to help you in understanding how to answer questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (162)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.89%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.67%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (125)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (268)
30.8%

Watched Threads