The Student Room Group

Which job types have the biggst potential for making money?

I have no experience, I have no a-levels or degrees and I'm 26 years old. I've been out of work for the last 7 years due to medical reasons but I'm not fit for work again. Forgetting about key strengths and all that nonsense, what job types have the best potential to make money by working your way up?

I'm thinking sales, marketing or something like that? I could probably get a cold calling job tomorrow if I wanted just to get myself back into the working enviroment but what I'd really like to do is eventually get enough experience with customers and a good reference so I can maybe get lucky and find a decent sales job in the city.

You know £20,000 basic salary + upto £60,000 commision + company car + medical ect ect. :biggrin:
Ever researched Recruitment Consultants? If you are really good at sales then theres always jobs and potential to earn a ton of money. For sales you only really need GCSEs anyhow.
Original post by randomgeeza
Ever researched Recruitment Consultants? If you are really good at sales then theres always jobs and potential to earn a ton of money. For sales you only really need GCSEs anyhow.

I did look into it but I don't know if I'd be good at it and from what I can see companies won't employ a first time recruitment consultant unless you have a degree or at the very least A-Levels.
Original post by Pancakes<3
I did look into it but I don't know if I'd be good at it and from what I can see companies won't employ a first time recruitment consultant unless you have a degree or at the very least A-Levels.

Well, I've seen plenty of Trainee Recruitment Consultant jobs with decent starting pay. You could have a look at them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending