Scottish independence, doomed from the start? Watch

scoot94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
After hearing that it would be difficult if not impossible for Scotland to get into the EU I breathed a quiet sigh of relief. Personally I will be voting no in September. I am also glad to see Alex Salmonds plans failing. Was this just Salmonds fantasy or do people actually still think that Independence would be better than staying as part of the United Kingdom. I am also interested on peoples views from other parts of the UK.
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Where's the other thread gone?
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Based on Scotland's limited oil remains, the uncertainty about the EU's future, and Salmond's thirst to have power/divide the UK, I think Scotland will be the new Moldova if it votes yes.

But saying that, I think the current UK set up could be improved if it was more like the EU where each country had their own parliament (i.e including England, which could be Westminster), passport, domestic laws, but shared the same currency, etc.
Maybe Ireland would even be interested in rejoining if that were the case and if the EU goes to pot (which is likely), since no one really cares about religion any more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (88)
9.97%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (146)
16.53%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (127)
14.38%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.63%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.92%

Watched Threads