The Student Room Group

Screwed up UCAS application?

I'm getting really worried now.
I applied for the initial five options but got declined by the one option I really wanted to go to. 2 have made me an offer and 2 haven't replied yet.
The 2 that have made me an offer don't really appeal to me any more.
I have since seen 3 Unis that I would like to apply to through UCAS extra but I haven't been to any of their open days so don't know what they are like.
I live in Cornwall and all of the universities are really far away so it is difficult and expensive to get to them to have a look around, but I'm guessing I should look around them before I apply?
Because it's UCAS extra I can only apply to one at a time and I'm beginning to really worry about what I should do.

Has anyone got any advice how I can make the best out of a seemingly bad situation?

The universities I'm interested in are Salford, Anglia Ruskin and Glyndwr in Wales. Although Glyndwr has already accepted me from my initial application.
Original post by Steve-95
I'm getting really worried now.
I applied for the initial five options but got declined by the one option I really wanted to go to. 2 have made me an offer and 2 haven't replied yet.
The 2 that have made me an offer don't really appeal to me any more.
I have since seen 3 Unis that I would like to apply to through UCAS extra but I haven't been to any of their open days so don't know what they are like.
I live in Cornwall and all of the universities are really far away so it is difficult and expensive to get to them to have a look around, but I'm guessing I should look around them before I apply?
Because it's UCAS extra I can only apply to one at a time and I'm beginning to really worry about what I should do.

Has anyone got any advice how I can make the best out of a seemingly bad situation?

The universities I'm interested in are Salford, Anglia Ruskin and Glyndwr in Wales. Although Glyndwr has already accepted me from my initial application.
As I'm sure you know, you cannot hold any offers in order to enter Extra, so you will have to decline your current offers and withdraw from the others. This is a high risk strategy and you need to be very sure you are not going to change your mind.
Reply 2
Yeah I know that's why I want to visit Glyndwr first. Although after looking at the website and understanding it a bit better it doesn't particularly appeal.

I'm not sure whether I should apply to another one through extra before visiting it, and then visit it if they accept me or not. Or visit and then make a decision about applying.
Yeah I know that's why I want to visit Glyndwr first. Although after looking at the website and understanding it a bit better it doesn't particularly appeal.

I'm not sure whether I should apply to another one through extra before visiting it, and then visit it if they accept me or not. Or visit and then make a decision about applying.

Well, you could always try this:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Unionviewcom

Well, you could always try this:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Unionviewcom Looks like the original unionview.com doesn't work any more. Shame.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending