The Student Room Group

Higher English Close Reading Prelim - Lottery

did anyone have the Higher English Close Reading Prelim about gambling and the lottery?? :smile: :smile: :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by ah4p
did anyone have the Higher English Close Reading Prelim about gambling and the lottery?? :smile: :smile: :smile:

Hey!

I've not had it yet but all of my friends had it today and said it was the worst paper they've ever done, lots of people stayed after school to finish it! :eek:

how did you find it? I suck at close reading, but it really need to get a good mark on it next week!
Reply 3
Original post by shannonxxx
Hey!

I've not had it yet but all of my friends had it today and said it was the worst paper they've ever done, lots of people stayed after school to finish it! :eek:

how did you find it? I suck at close reading, but it really need to get a good mark on it next week!

It could have been worse :smile: I don't think there was a linking question but there were two questions where you have to identify tone and the last question (5 marks) was an agreement one :smile: Quite a few understanding questions too J
what were your essay questions in your prelim?? :smile: x
Reply 4
Original post by ah4p
It could have been worse :smile: I don't think there was a linking question but there were two questions where you have to identify tone and the last question (5 marks) was an agreement one :smile: Quite a few understanding questions too J
what were your essay questions in your prelim?? :smile: x

I hate linking questions so that's a good sign!! We haven't done our essay yet either haha, it's all next week :frown: What were yours?
Reply 5
I hate linking questions so that's a good sign!! We haven't done our essay yet either haha, it's all next week :frown: What were yours?

got it tomorrow afternoon :frown: last prelim :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ah4p
got it tomorrow afternoon :frown: last prelim :smile:

Good luck!! Lucky you, I still have my five to do :frown:
Reply 7
Good luck!! Lucky you, I still have my five to do :frown:

Good luck to you too J It will go by quickly and I’m sure you’ll do very well J J
Does anyone know what articles the Close Reading Prelim came from? Would be a great help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending