The Student Room Group

Retake question

If you do an exam, retake it, then do even worse, which grade counts towards your final one?
Original post by Khallil
If you do an exam, retake it, then do even worse, which grade counts towards your final one?

Retake: Best mark counts
Remark: Final mark counts.

(Note, if you do an EMPA instead of an ISA in a science, the EMPA always counts)
Reply 2
Original post by ExcitinglyMundane
Retake: Best mark counts
Remark: Final mark counts.

(Note, if you do an EMPA instead of an ISA in a science, the EMPA always counts)

Is that why universities are allowed to give unconditional offers, even if somebody decides to retake an exam? Also, do you have a source (preferably a link to Edexcel's site) to back that up?

I know these are fairly odd questions, but my brain wants what my brain wants. :laugh:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Khallil
Is that why universities are allowed to give unconditional offers, even if somebody decides to retake an exam? Also, do you have a source (preferably a link to Edexcel's site) to back that up?

I know these are fairly odd questions, but my brain wants what my brain wants. :laugh:

This is what I found about A-level resists. EdExcel are in-line with all other exam boards. (right down at the bottom of the page)
Reply 4
Original post by ExcitinglyMundane
This is what I found about A-level resists. EdExcel are in-line with all other exam boards. (right down at the bottom of the page)

Ah thanks so much for the response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending