jm1414
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello all... just starting a thread based on the above unis as I am sure most of us are in a state of limbo waiting to hear back, wondering if other people have or not.

I received an unsuccessful from UWS after the test so that is that one out of the window.

I have not heard back from the other 2, however I have heard some people have.

Does Cali interview or do they just base their choice upon our ucas application?

Best of luck all
om25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi
Sorry to hear about uws. I have got testing date tomorrow. Dreading it cos I failed it 2 years ago. Got unsuccessful from stirling yesterday and glasgow.
So only caley n uws left!!!
Not too sure if caley interview, think they used to, read somewhere here that someone got a call of unconditionals for caley. So probs hear soon.
Hopefully someone can let us know cos this waiting game is awful!!!
Good luck
jm1414
Rep:
?
Im sure you will be fine tomorrow, it was quite simple but my mind went a blank and I mucked up on literature part.
Sorry about your unsuccessfuls too, was this after interview or was it a straight unsuccessful?
Yea I read that on here too. Also read that someone received an unsuccesful at Cali due to not having studied within the past 3 years. Do you know if this applies too all ?

Hopefully we hear soon.
om25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am totally stressed! I have failed the numeracy test 2 years ago. They told me there and then. Failed by one mark, I was gutted.
No I didn't get interviews for glasgow or stirling..just straight unsuccessfuls!! I knew I wouldn't get into Glasgow and stirling is too far away,so not to bothered. I'm not sure about the previous 3 year study.
Have you phoned and asked? I'm sure they would let u know.
Checking emails constantly for caley...nothing!! Good luck
jm1414
Rep:
?
This year you dont get told there and then. They say you will hear back in 10 days time. I did mine on the thur and heard through UCAS yesterday ...

I know it is cali who I want to hear from too, Stirling is quite far away but will do it if needs be I suppose.

What are your throughts on Ucas Extra and Clearance? Do you know if you get an unsuccesfull for a course, could you apply for it in Clearance? Hmmmm

Thanks
om25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was looking at some articles about clearing. Seems quite confusing.
I don't think nursing usually goes through clearing cos it's so popular. Could be wrong though. Did see some people getting a Nursing place through clearing but that was England.
Need to find out cos I think clearing might be my plan b!!!!
Got
jm1414
Rep:
?
Oh I see, perhaps extra then!

Good luck tomoz and on your Ucas journey

om25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks

Best of luck to u with caley.
hazelg
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've put a similar post on the nursing sub forum x have applied to cali for chil branchbut not heard aanything yet, think I know of 2 posting on here who have unconditionals. I did also read from last year a post about getting rejected due to no study in 3 years which has worried me, I spoke to admissions prior to applying and they said an open uni course would be sufficient but I don't start that till march, finishes July. I'm already preparing myself for rejection and making plans to improve my application for next year
KirstyL18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've applied to Glasgow UWS and cali, got a rejection from Glasgow, i have an interview for UWS tommorow and havent heard back from Cali yet and so getting quite worried do you know if cali has got back to anyone else
jm1414
Rep:
?
Hi. Most people I have heard from have not heard feom Cali yet.. I only seen 1 or 2 people comment on a thread in here that they got unconditionals..

Good luck for Uws tmz x
KirstyL18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aw really! Thank god.. And thank you i shall let you know how it goes! X
om25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
not heard from caley yet either...the waiting is killing me!
No news is good news??!!??
jm1414
Rep:
?
Still no word here either. . Fingers crossed for us all !! I really wish we would hear soon & Stirling. I know a few people for stirling who have interview dates already.

How did UWS test go today?
om25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I heard from Stirling on Monday. ..straight unsuccesful! !! Insufficient grades...predicted grades...so if u haven't heard from them yet it will probs be ok...couldnt go to the test today...to go on friday...prolongs the agony!!!! Did u apply to both nursing courses at caley..I did...hopefully a better chance of getting in!!!
jm1414
Rep:
?
When did u apply? Sorry if I have asked before, loosing track of who I have spoken to on this lol...

Oh that's a shame, however more time to study I suppose .. although you just want to get it over with and an answer!

I applied for nursing studies and Mental Health nursing ...
om25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I heard from Stirling on Monday. ..straight unsuccesful! !! Insufficient grades...predicted grades...so if u haven't heard from them yet it will probs be ok...couldnt go to the test today...to go on friday...prolongs the agony!!!! Did u apply to both nursing courses at caley..I did...hopefully a better chance of getting in!!!
om25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Soz I just sent that message twice!!!!
I applied thru college in december and they sent it away to ucas on the 14th jan..1 day before deadline...dont know if that makes a difference...do remember recieviing an email saying it doesnt matter when u get an interview. ..as in it isnt in a special order or anything...
Did u apply for the 2 nursing courses at caley... the 3 yr adult nursing course and the 4 year course.
om25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh sorry just read u applied for nursingstudies and mental health!!!
I applied for nursing studies and the 3 yr degree course...
om25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anybody know if caley are interviewing?? As a couple of people on here have already got unconditional for both nursing degrees at caley, so does that mean we wait until they firm their choice?? And then we find out if we have an offer, interview etc??
In their email they did say that some people might not hear until the 8th May!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (35)
7.25%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (285)
59.01%
No (163)
33.75%

Watched Threads