The Student Room Group

Do you think Amanda Knox is guilty?

In light of the documentary airing on BBC Three tonight, I was wondering what everyones opinions are on this? Personally, I'm not sure whether Knox is guilty. In a way I feel like she must be because of the evidence against her and I don't know, after seeing her in interviews, I just feel like she comes across as cold. Oh and not to mention how she acted after Meredith's death, kissing her boyfriend and acting pretty much unaffected by it all! But then I think, what would the motivation be for killing your flatmate? I know it's been said it could have been a sex game or jealously, but that seems ridiculous.

What do you think?
I'm not sure myself. I'm not generally sure about Italian justice in general.
I think that it sucks that we'll never know.
Why does it matter? She either didn't or she did, not sure why there is so much media interference.
Reply 5
What was the documentary like? I missed it but really want to catch up.
Reply 6
They already caught a black criminal from Ivory coast with blood literally on his hands and his DNA all over the crime scene. He was caught in Austria trying to flee. He was the rapist and murderer. Don't know why the dysfunctional italian justice system is wasting millions of euros on this finished case. Now we know why Italy is one of the PIGS increasingly irrelevant eurozone economies.
I think she is. She's been found guilty twice, hasn't she?
Reply 8
I think that the evidence against her is poor, and far from sufficiant from enough to prove that she is.
Reply 9
Original post by snowyowl
I think she is. She's been found guilty twice, hasn't she?

But she's also been found not guilty on appeal, and she'll appeal again if she has to. The evidence must be pretty dodgy to keep returning different verdicts.
Reply 10
Original post by wordnerd
In light of the documentary airing on BBC Three tonight, I was wondering what everyones opinions are on this? Personally, I'm not sure whether Knox is guilty. In a way I feel like she must be because of the evidence against her and I don't know, after seeing her in interviews, I just feel like she comes across as cold. Oh and not to mention how she acted after Meredith's death, kissing her boyfriend and acting pretty much unaffected by it all! But then I think, what would the motivation be for killing your flatmate? I know it's been said it could have been a sex game or jealously, but that seems ridiculous.

What do you think?

Without doubt

She's a sociopath

People need to look at the evidence in depth - it's overwhelming

http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/

Go on there and say you think she's innocent - you'll spend the next month reading extremely well-evidenced replies detailing how wrong you are

People who think Knox and Sollecito are innocent tend not to want to put any hard work into reading through all the evidence and court details. It's all on there if people want to be at least better-informed

Knox had fallen out with Meredith - they didn't get on and had a row on the night of the murder and it escalated from there while Sollecito and Guede were present.
Look at videos of how Knox and Sollecito act in court - it's like they're on holiday or something! they are both pretty disturbed in my opinion. One will sell the other out at some point probably.

As always though, opinion

Time will tell

Link to the BBC3 documentary:-

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1chkad_is-amanda-knox-guilty-bbc-three-documentary-on-the-murder-of-meredith-kercher_shortfilms
(edited 10 years ago)
I dont think she is, no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending