Yellowglitter19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey! Hows everyone finding the OCR A2 units?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
ttreb
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lets just say there is a lot more to learn than expected
Lauren___e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well I'm only taking the G543 exam (I took G544 last summer along with the AS units) and so far I'm finding it enjoyable (well health is, I got really bored learning about forensic) but very overwhelming! I have no idea how I'm going to learn all 72 studies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yellowglitter19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lauren___e)
Well I'm only taking the G543 exam (I took G544 last summer along with the AS units) and so far I'm finding it enjoyable (well health is, I got really bored learning about forensic) but very overwhelming! I have no idea how I'm going to learn all 72 studies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I suppose my college is lucky because we're only learning 54 studies. However as im resitting unit 2, ive still got around 71 to learn.
So far im finding the health topic a little bit boring..looking forward to moving on to stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CallMeBatwoman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Stressful, there's a lot to learn. But manageable, I find the topics on health really interesting, especially the disorders section. Forensics is also really good but I prefer health.
Lauren___e
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Yellowglitter19)
I suppose my college is lucky because we're only learning 54 studies. However as im resitting unit 2, ive still got around 71 to learn.
So far im finding the health topic a little bit boring..looking forward to moving on to stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The healthy living section was a little boring I guess but the good thing is you can kind of blag answers to it because you can think how you make decision etc :P But yeah, learning about stress is definitely more interesting especially as it feels so relevant at the moment!

Posted from TSR Mobile
lailabee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Has anyone started to revise?

I find that i know all the content yet cant get full marks in the questions.

My college doesn't teach exam technique
Yellowglitter19
Rep:
?
(Original post by lailabee)
Has anyone started to revise?

I find that i know all the content yet cant get full marks in the questions.

My college doesn't teach exam technique
We use IAMPPRC (intro,aim,method,participants,p rocedure,results,conclusion) for section A questions.

And PRECCE:
Point
Reason
Example/evidence
Comment
Comment extender

...for section B questions.

Im currently at the stage where I'm trying to condense all the studies down to make them more manageable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lozjames1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Any suggestions in how to actually condense the studies down. I mean it's now march :eek: and i'm starting to panic a little bit. As every time i try to knuckle down and sort out the rest of my revision aids, i can more work from other subjects and psychology itself with more and more studies, evaluation points etc etc.

Would be very helpful for any suggestions?
Thankyou,
lauren
Yellowglitter19
Rep:
?
(Original post by lozjames1)
Any suggestions in how to actually condense the studies down. I mean it's now march :eek: and i'm starting to panic a little bit. As every time i try to knuckle down and sort out the rest of my revision aids, i can more work from other subjects and psychology itself with more and more studies, evaluation points etc etc.

Would be very helpful for any suggestions?
Thankyou,
lauren
Personally, i like to only know about 2 results (3 maximum if its a shorter study). I also only want to know one aim and key parts of the procedure.

Evaluation points are more important because you get more marks obvs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Newman108
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone know anything about how to answer 15 marker reductionist questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.57%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (843)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (384)
19.38%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads