The Student Room Group

Annoying flat mate

So this just happened...

right am i mental or not. I empty the bin in my room into a plastic bag, tie up the bag, take it into the kitchen, see the kitchen bin needs emptying, I empty the kitchen bin and place the rubbish from my room in the black sack (kitchen rubbish), then I leave the rubbish for flatmate to take out because its his turn. Then I find the annoying person has taken my rubbish out of the bag and hung it on my door and throws out the other rubbish. then tells me I throw out my rubbish wrong. THE ****!!!

And this is just one thing. Apparently I do washing up wrong. filling up the bowl with soapy water and washing my stuff in the water.

The list goes on...
I iron clothes wrong, I fold clothes wrong, I hover wrong, I cook wrong and the list goes on.

This person even then has the audacity to consider herself a "the mother figure" in my life. Her own actual words.

Worse still she's extremely religious so she takes offence every time you say oh my good or jesus christ. After I had a party in flat one night which turned into spin the bottle and make out with the person it lands on. She then lectures me on having self respect (I'm a guy by the way).

The thing is I want nothing more than to tell this person to **** off but I can't because everyone else in the flat is in love with her.
chill out k
What other people say or do, doesn't matter at all. Live your life and if you allow them and their words to annoy / influence you poorly, then you're the one to blame IMO.

You can't change people that seek to annoy you. You can change your preception of them. F-k 'em! LOL JK
You hover wrong? I can't hover at all.

Seriously though, that does sound annoying - the thing with the rubbish was just stupid, why on earth would she bother separating yours out from the rest?! That's odd.
She sounds a bit crazy, but I guess you're stuck with her until the end of the year now. Maybe just say that you want her to back off a bit, and your life is your own business.

Don't live with her next year though!

I'm intrigued as to what you meant by She then lectures me on having self respect (I'm a guy by the way). Do you think girls should be held to different standards of self respect?
Reply 5
Original post by graphics student
So this just happened...

right am i mental or not. I empty the bin in my room into a plastic bag, tie up the bag, take it into the kitchen, see the kitchen bin needs emptying, I empty the kitchen bin and place the rubbish from my room in the black sack (kitchen rubbish), then I leave the rubbish for flatmate to take out because its his turn. Then I find the annoying person has taken my rubbish out of the bag and hung it on my door and throws out the other rubbish. then tells me I throw out my rubbish wrong. THE ****!!!

And this is just one thing. Apparently I do washing up wrong. filling up the bowl with soapy water and washing my stuff in the water.

The list goes on...
I iron clothes wrong, I fold clothes wrong, I hover wrong, I cook wrong and the list goes on.

This person even then has the audacity to consider herself a "the mother figure" in my life. Her own actual words.

Worse still she's extremely religious so she takes offence every time you say oh my good or jesus christ. After I had a party in flat one night which turned into spin the bottle and make out with the person it lands on. She then lectures me on having self respect (I'm a guy by the way).

The thing is I want nothing more than to tell this person to **** off but I can't because everyone else in the flat is in love with her.

honestly, if i was you, i would tell her straight. you might come across as a **** head to your other house mates for a while but then they'll realise and be annoyed here. be direct
Oh! Don't worry! Listen to this, according to my housemate:

I ate her Pakistani food once but the cleaning lady didn't despite the fact that that random woman use to go into my room without my permission, earlier on. This is despite the fact that my shelves in the fridge are filled with food.

I am rude to her because she shoved her large steel bowl on my shelve and nearly smashed my banana cake. She apparently did not see the foot long banana cake that was there. Is that even remotely believable :lolwut:?

I am untidy. I keep the kitchen unclean.

I am untidy. I keep the living room unclean sometimes because there is a lot of hair floating about, that are apparently all coming from my head because nothing can come through the window and even though she is eight times my size, and without a doubt has more hair on her head than me :angry: !

She is never satisfied. The rent is too high, the internet is too slow. Wow! Whining like anything, unnecessarily :bird:!

Previously I use to live with girls who ate food that smelt like ***asm.

One of them use to occupy the kitchen for hours and had no dress sense...AT ALL. She was really indecent, and use to cook large meals for her friends living in, presumably in the other flats in the halls :zomg: !

Two of them moved out of the house to live somewhere else because the room rates are ₤20 cheaper per week :clap2: !

One use to whole day sleep in the house and only go out for a couple of hours in the day to attend the very few lectures she has during the day.

But despite that, I still get along with her :biggrin: ! She's just a housemate, who cares? Too many have come and gone in my life, for me to EVER give a ***k! :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending