Commercial Paper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey everyone,

Getting a little stressed here. Been searching around and really struggling to find precisely what I am looking for.

I'm trying to construct some data for an essay, basically a graph comparing the GDP Rate to the Unemployment Rate in the UK Economy. I couldn't find a ready-made graph online.

What I am finding hard though is finding the yearly unemployment rate from the year 2000 to the year 2013. While, I have found data on GDP, if there is comparable data for the exact year range in question - that would be helpful also.

Anyone know where I could find this? I keep finding unemployment figures, rather than the actual rate, or it is monthly, or the wrong measure - and it is getting extremely frustrating.

If anyone could help out a little, that'd be great
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Tamara165
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by will2348)
Hey everyone,

Getting a little stressed here. Been searching around and really struggling to find precisely what I am looking for.

I'm trying to construct some data for an essay, basically a graph comparing the GDP Rate to the Unemployment Rate in the UK Economy. I couldn't find a ready-made graph online.

What I am finding hard though is finding the yearly unemployment rate from the year 2000 to the year 2013. While, I have found data on GDP, if there is comparable data for the exact year range in question - that would be helpful also.

Anyone know where I could find this? I keep finding unemployment figures, rather than the actual rate, or it is monthly, or the wrong measure - and it is getting extremely frustrating.

The information about this can found on the world bank website. Click on data then choose economic growth, then click data, this will provide info on different countries and on the left hand side you adjust the information you may need.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by will2348)
Hey everyone,

This might be too late for you, but if others need this:

Use the ONS website and go for the time series data section.

For GDP download the time series ABMI
For unemployment download the time series MGSX if you want the rate or MGSC if you want the level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (36)
17.06%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (62)
29.38%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (82)
38.86%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.32%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.37%

Watched Threads