The Student Room Group

broke up with boyfriend

I broke up with my boyfriend of over a year, as he said he didnt like our relationship anymore as I was stressed and got annoyed quite a lot. We have been apart for a month, yet he is messing me about saying he wants to be friends, then he said he didnt want to speak to me, then friends and then he said he wanted to be with me and got me a valentines card and I spent the day with him. Then last night he said he doesnt know what he wants and likes the fact that other girls like him. I think I just need to forget about him and not talk to him but its so difficult as he was my best friend and I still want to be with him
Reply 1
Original post by randsomeage
I think I just need to forget about him and not talk to him but its so difficult as he was my best friend and I still want to be with him

problem solved within the OP.

Just do that, its the right thing for both of you. Mindgames will just cause drawn out hurt and pain.
Reply 2
Hurting yourself for no real gain there, just cut them out.
Reply 3
If he keeps saying he doesn't know what he wants just leave him alone, if he deserved you he'd know it, not keep going back and forth :redface:
Reply 4
Original post by Knighted
problem solved within the OP.

Just do that, its the right thing for both of you. Mindgames will just cause drawn out hurt and pain.

I have to agree here.
The longer you both go back and forth to each other the more you'll both get hurt. In a break up the best thing to do is cut ties completely, that way you get time to move on and get over some one.
If you keep contact, the feeling and emotion keep coming and going, whic is probably why he's saying what he is saying.
When he's away from you, he's starting to move on then by talking/seeing you it brings it all back with immediate effect. Thus causing confusion.

Break all ties/contact and you'll both be able to move forward or re-kindle the relationship, but tell him you will not be strung along by mindgames and mixed signals.

All or nothing.

Good luck :smile:
I think he you need to move on and forget him like you said in your OP and I know it will be hard but you'll get there eventually :smile: Don't let him toy with your emotions, I don't want you to get hurt
Reply 6
Original post by Sherry1993
I have to agree here.
The longer you both go back and forth to each other the more you'll both get hurt. In a break up the best thing to do is cut ties completely, that way you get time to move on and get over some one.
If you keep contact, the feeling and emotion keep coming and going, whic is probably why he's saying what he is saying.
When he's away from you, he's starting to move on then by talking/seeing you it brings it all back with immediate effect. Thus causing confusion.

Break all ties/contact and you'll both be able to move forward or re-kindle the relationship, but tell him you will not be strung along by mindgames and mixed signals.

All or nothing.

Good luck :smile:

We did ignore each other completely for the first 2ish weeks and then realised it was too difficult and we both wanted to at least speak to each other
Original post by randsomeage
I broke up with my boyfriend of over a year, as he said he didnt like our relationship anymore as I was stressed and got annoyed quite a lot. We have been apart for a month, yet he is messing me about saying he wants to be friends, then he said he didnt want to speak to me, then friends and then he said he wanted to be with me and got me a valentines card and I spent the day with him. Then last night he said he doesnt know what he wants and likes the fact that other girls like him. I think I just need to forget about him and not talk to him but its so difficult as he was my best friend and I still want to be with him

You need to do the bit I highlighted in Bold.

He's just messing you around and it is pretty clear that he doesn't want commitment right now.

Try and ignore him and don't contact him anymore. It will be hard at first but it will get easier over time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending