The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam

Hi.

Has anyone moved to Sheffield hallam uni away from home? If so how did they find it? What is the city like and can you give me any advice? Thank you
Reply 1
I'd like to know the same. I like the course but I'm not sure about the city and I'll also be moving away from home which is in the south so it's quite far! Any advice? :smile:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by eat146
I'd like to know the same. I like the course but I'm not sure about the city and I'll also be moving away from home which is in the south so it's quite far! Any advice? :smile:

Hi. Ive had a lot of feedback and everything is so positive. Ive done so much research into the city and sheffiled hallam and im 100% going now, theres no where like it in the UK. Im so excited. What course you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by laurenmjones
Hi. Ive had a lot of feedback and everything is so positive. Ive done so much research into the city and sheffiled hallam and im 100% going now, theres no where like it in the UK. Im so excited. What course you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What have you read about it? I've heard the nightlife is good which is one of my top priorities but when I visited the city just didn't seem that great.
I'd be doing German with Tourism, would are you studying? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by eat146
What have you read about it? I've heard the nightlife is good which is one of my top priorities but when I visited the city just didn't seem that great.
I'd be doing German with Tourism, would are you studying? :smile:

I will be studying Physical activity, sport and health. I know the city is very student friendly as it has two unis there with 25,000 to 30,000 each so the city puts on a lot of the city. The city has a lot sport going on and is big into its fitness and healthy lifestyle and has a lot of facilities. There are many other things also I have picked up on but hallam as a uni and the course just seems to suit me best. Its the greenest city in the UK which is a bonus as I love the out doors. It has one of the biggest shopping centres in Europe 10 minutes down the road. Transport link are easy, cheap and on all hours. Like you said mostly importantly night life is up there with the best, so that's a 10. Everything is close and cheap in Sheffield, and speaking to a few people who live there it is a very friendly and helpful city to live in :smile:
Reply 5
Hey guys :smile:

I'm hopefully starting in September at Sheffield Hallam :smile: but I'm originally from Doncaster which is like 20 minutes down the road! so I know the area somewhat :smile:

Sheffield is brilliant! it has the biggest theatre complex outside of the London West End in the UK, the nightlife is fantastic and the student life is amazing!

Meadowhall is also just down the road, massive shopping centre with everything you could need :smile:!

the transport links are brilliant, can get most places from Sheffield Train station!

Student life in Sheffield is pretty much sorted, has so much to offer including places to eat, Nandos, your fast food places like KFC, Mcdonalds, Burger King etc. - and like I said the nightlife is great!

Also not far a train journey for the likes of Manchester and Doncaster!

One last thing, from what I've heard there's a massive friendly rivalry between Sheffield Hallam and University of Sheffield, including vs events on nights out, football games, hockey games, most sport!

So if that doesn't make you want to go then I don't know what will! :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by h_j_r
Hey guys :smile:

I'm hopefully starting in September at Sheffield Hallam :smile: but I'm originally from Doncaster which is like 20 minutes down the road! so I know the area somewhat :smile:

Sheffield is brilliant! it has the biggest theatre complex outside of the London West End in the UK, the nightlife is fantastic and the student life is amazing!

Meadowhall is also just down the road, massive shopping centre with everything you could need :smile:!

the transport links are brilliant, can get most places from Sheffield Train station!

Student life in Sheffield is pretty much sorted, has so much to offer including places to eat, Nandos, your fast food places like KFC, Mcdonalds, Burger King etc. - and like I said the nightlife is great!

Also not far a train journey for the likes of Manchester and Doncaster!

One last thing, from what I've heard there's a massive friendly rivalry between Sheffield Hallam and University of Sheffield, including vs events on nights out, football games, hockey games, most sport!

So if that doesn't make you want to go then I don't know what will! :tongue:

It sounds so amazing! I cannot wait to go now.

What will you be studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by laurenmjones
It sounds so amazing! I cannot wait to go now.

What will you be studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's actually my 2nd degree, I'll be 20 when I start! but I'm doing a top up degree for events management with arts and entertainment! what about you? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by h_j_r
It's actually my 2nd degree, I'll be 20 when I start! but I'm doing a top up degree for events management with arts and entertainment! what about you? :smile:

Ah awesome! Im going to be studying physical activity, health and sport!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be studying physical activity sport and health in September too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending