The Student Room Group

Taking guitars to uni halls.

I'm thinking of taking my bass and electric guitar with me along with their 15 watt amps. I'm aware of noise levels etc so I'd play with headphones most of the time? Do you consider 2 guitars and 2 amps too much? I'd like to join a band (me on bass) but I also enjoy playing on the electric every day. Is anyone else planning to take any guitars or instruments in general with them?
Original post by alan.cieslar
I'm thinking of taking my bass and electric guitar with me along with their 15 watt amps. I'm aware of noise levels etc so I'd play with headphones most of the time? Do you consider 2 guitars and 2 amps too much? I'd like to join a band (me on bass) but I also enjoy playing on the electric every day. Is anyone else planning to take any guitars or instruments in general with them?

Nah man. I know (well, knew, they're all grown up now!) students with much more gear and much more power than that! Mind you, they weren't in halls at that time.
Reply 2
Original post by mikeyd85
Nah man. I know (well, knew, they're all grown up now!) students with much more gear and much more power than that! Mind you, they weren't in halls at that time.

Sick man, thanks for replying :biggrin: I've got an 80W bass amp too but I think I'll wait until I actually find a band to join before I bring it down with me xD
Reply 3
I have a Mesa Boogie tube amp, I wouldn't bring that. Although I wouldn't be the noisiest person if I did. (unless I cranked it all the way up and brought the roof down)
Reply 4
I plan to take my acoustic when I go. Can't be getting out of practise. But an amp would be a step too far for me, I'm self conscious about making noise as it is.
Reply 5
Two guitars and 15W amps should be fine. At various points in my time at university I've had three guitars and a 15W amp. Never had my 40W beast up at university though as I've never played liver properly.

I try not to play anything amplified after about 10pm as a good will gesture to my housemates. Weekends are an exception, though.

Quick Reply

Latest