Toki_Premium
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all,

I took my Maths GCSE all the way back in 2008 and obtained a C through not revising and being stupid and now I am at that stage where I need a B at the minimum for a grad scheme I want to apply for..

Would it be possible for me to take it in November 2014?

I know about the new rules, however as I already have taken the qualification, does that render me as eligible to take the GCSE in November? As there is no way that I could revise in time for May/June 14 or whenever it is due to University assignments etc.

Please advise me. Thanks in advance.
rasberyl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.aqa.org.uk/news-and-polic...aths-gcse-2014

See this link
rasberyl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
See this link:
rasberyl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think so. As you are retaking it shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps
Selym95
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Toki_Premium)
Hi all,

I took my Maths GCSE all the way back in 2008 and obtained a C through not revising and being stupid and now I am at that stage where I need a B at the minimum for a grad scheme I want to apply for..

I know about the new rules, however as I already have taken the qualification, does that render me as eligible to take the GCSE in November? As there is no way that I could revise in time for May/June 14 or whenever it is due to University assignments etc.

(Original post by rasberyl)
I think so. As you are retaking it shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps
Doesn't this mean that the OP would have to sit the exams in Summer 2014 in order to be eligible as a 'retake' student to then sit them in November 2014? I think that the OP is no longer classed as a retake student as any GCSE maths exams sat before the 2014 Summer session was the outdated qualification.
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Toki_Premium)
Hi all,

To be honest...because you have already taken your Gcse in maths and gotten a qualification in 2008 you may be able to retake in a college as long as you pay if you are over 18 but if you are not you can still retake.
rasberyl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Selym95)
Doesn't this mean that the OP would have to sit the exams in Summer 2014 in order to be eligible as a 'retake' student to then sit them in November 2014? I think that the OP is no longer classed as a retake student as any GCSE maths exams sat before the 2014 Summer session was the outdated qualification.
I think the changes are to early entry GCSEs. OP would still be classed as retaking as an exam has already been taken, regardless of when.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (203)
43.75%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.54%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (99)
21.34%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.34%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed