The Student Room Group

I fell in love online... but then I found out I was being "catfished"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by iLoveMyCatsx
HAHA YES PLEASE! You beat me with 5 I only have one now since my 1 year old kitty passed away recently... hardest time of my life, I was almost suicidal at one point, I know its crazy to believe but really I never realised how much she brought into my life in just one year... so hard to lose a kitty like that
It didnt help that she was also accidently mass cremated when the vets recieved her body she was left in the freezer, and the day we found out was the day she was accidently mass cremated
UGH so yeah IDEK why I am rambling on about this lol woops oh wellll

We had 6 till our lil baby died too :'( r.i.p Tricksy, Tammy, Terry, Timmy <3
Original post by marinaim
We had 6 till our lil baby died too :'( r.i.p Tricksy, Tammy, Terry, Timmy <3

So sad, but I would rather have loved and lost to have never loved at all regarding my kitty as i am sure you do with yours
Reply 42
So sad, but I would rather have loved and lost to have never loved at all regarding my kitty as i am sure you do with yours

Indeed, lovely babies <3 <3
hmmm idk if i should contact the guy i was actually talking to, i know its normal for me to have reacted badly but like now i feel so guilty :frown:
Reply 44
LOL you're kidding me right?!?!

No. I have seen more muscles in a fish market.
It sounds like you're infatuated with his 'looks', not him.
Original post by cel93
LOL. I have more muscle than that.

Well congrats because I haven't even seen a guy in real life with half the muscles of that guy!
Reply 49
Original post by Robbie242
This view is so annoying :colonhash: it's like you believe nothing happens over the internet and its all just incomparable to real life, I think it's quite easy to get infatuated over the net tbh

Infatated, yes. Falling in love is a different story.
Reply 50
Well congrats because I haven't even seen a guy in real life with half the muscles of that guy!

Seriously that guy would be running scared if he seen me.
Original post by marinaim
Wouldn't even give him a first look.
But seriously OP, you'll be ok. To reiterate, don't get infatuated online. It will hurt but brush it off!
And also, personality is more important than looks....

A lot of people seem to be talking like infatuation is rational and a choice...
Reply 52
Honestly, I'm not saying that you're shallow but from what it sounds to me, it looks like you were more infatuated with his looks than the actual guy you've been talking to. If you did like the guy you were talking to then you would have continued talking to him for him. So, I'm pretty sure this will pass soon.
Reply 53
Original post by Mankytoes
A lot of people seem to be talking like infatuation is rational and a choice...

It's not, but the decisions leading up to it are
Reply 54
Original post by Aljohara
Honestly, I'm not saying that you're shallow..

Well you probably should be.
Original post by cel93
Seriously that guy would be running scared if he seen me.

lmao okay then
Reply 56
Original post by joseon
Well you probably should be.

Infatuation happens to everyone.It can be with people you know and even celebrities you've never met. It's normal and by time, it'll lessen.
Honestly, I'm not saying that you're shallow but from what it sounds to me, it looks like you were more infatuated with his looks than the actual guy you've been talking to. If you did like the guy you were talking to then you would have continued talking to him for him. So, I'm pretty sure this will pass soon.

yeah i agree tbh, just I do feel bad with how i ended things with the real guy... like i feel sorry for him because all he could do was apologise and i was a right bitch to him
but he did really hurt me with that so idk maybe i should forgive him? :frown:
Reply 58
yeah i agree tbh, just I do feel bad with how i ended things with the real guy... like i feel sorry for him because all he could do was apologise and i was a right bitch to him
but he did really hurt me with that so idk maybe i should forgive him? :frown:

I honestly don't know if you should forgive him because he's lied before and what's to stop him from lying again...
Reply 59
Infatuation happens to everyone.It can be with people you know and even celebrities you've never met. It's normal and by time, it'll lessen.

I don't disagree. But clearly the OP is far more concerned with appearance than anything else, which is pretty much the dictionary definition of shallow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending