The Student Room Group

I think I'm screwed, someone please reassure me?

Hi,

Basically I only have just over a month to hand in my dissertation, as well as two essays, which I haven't started yet.

Since starting Uni my work ethic has gone down the pan and I'm now at the point where everyday I can't be arsed to do work. I'm in a long distance relationship of 2 years atm and all i do is mope during the day, whilst in the night I go to my friends place and smoke weed more or less everyday.

The odd thing is that I have applied for a job and I've passed two parts of the application process already - I'm ready for the real world and I've had enough of writing about a load of bull**** that no one else in the real world gives a crap about (I do geography btw). Despite this, I'm still not motivated to do any work. The application process also requires me to undertake a drugs test, so I need to stop smoking for good.
Anyway, the application process is really strenuous this month and requires me to go home for a few weekends, therefore interfering with my Uni work.

So what can I do, or how can i motivate myself, to get back on track so that I can complete my essays and dissertation in time and to a decent standard, so that i don't **** up the rest of my life? I know I only have myself to blame for falling into a pit of laziness, but I could really do with some advice.

Cheers x

TLDR - Got to write a dissertation and 2 essays in just over a month, as well as applying for a job at the same time. How can I motivate myself to make sure I do this well?
Original post by Morcheeba
Hi,

Basically I only have just over a month to hand in my dissertation, as well as two essays, which I haven't started yet.

Since starting Uni my work ethic has gone down the pan and I'm now at the point where everyday I can't be arsed to do work. I'm in a long distance relationship of 2 years atm and all i do is mope during the day, whilst in the night I go to my friends place and smoke weed more or less everyday.

The odd thing is that I have applied for a job and I've passed two parts of the application process already - I'm ready for the real world and I've had enough of writing about a load of bull**** that no one else in the real world gives a crap about (I do geography btw). Despite this, I'm still not motivated to do any work. The application process also requires me to undertake a drugs test, so I need to stop smoking for good.
Anyway, the application process is really strenuous this month and requires me to go home for a few weekends, therefore interfering with my Uni work.

So what can I do, or how can i motivate myself, to get back on track so that I can complete my essays and dissertation in time and to a decent standard, so that i don't **** up the rest of my life? I know I only have myself to blame for falling into a pit of laziness, but I could really do with some advice.

Cheers x

TLDR - Got to write a dissertation and 2 essays in just over a month, as well as applying for a job at the same time. How can I motivate myself to make sure I do this well?

Just get on with it
Reply 2
You sound so whiney
You've just gotta get stuck in from now on and actually do the work. You've got a month, so use the time you have left!
Reply 4
Remember what's at stake. You might also try scheduling it out and doing your work in chunks. Also, talk to a counselor, wellness person or therapist. You sound kind of like burnout or depression might be at hand.
Reply 5
Original post by thechibi
Remember what's at stake. You might also try scheduling it out and doing your work in chunks. Also, talk to a counselor, wellness person or therapist. You sound kind of like burnout or depression might be at hand.

You're not the only one who has suggested that. I've tried getting an appointment with the campus wellbeing person, but they're fully booked till the end of this term.
Reply 6
Original post by Morcheeba
You're not the only one who has suggested that. I've tried getting an appointment with the campus wellbeing person, but they're fully booked till the end of this term.

Are they able to give you a referral? The counselors here were booked clean up for awhile, but I was able to get a referral to a local treatment place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending