justemilyhere
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey! Has anyone got and tried and tested revision tips? I need a way to make my Revision more interesting! Please help.

Justemilyhere xx
kelefi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
okay i will start of by saying that revision rarely gets interesting. unless you're revising for tech or another subject along those lines.
revision honestly depends on the type of person you are.
i have some friends who spend 2 hours a day revising but are barely keeping up with me, but i have a tried and tested secret formula....

REVISION CARDS!

get your textbook (for one subject at a time) and start to work through it. no more than 1 A6 card per page (or for every 2 pages for an AQA SCIENCE book).
read the page, read it again and summarise it down to 1 side of A6.

it takes about 6 minutes max per card, and in all honesty you can revise the whole subject in about 4 hours of "revision".

after you are done you will have about 50 cards on that topic. after you have finished all topics all you need to do is go over the cards. just a quick read through is more than enough.
Ginger Girl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I agree with the above revision cards are the best. My friends think I'm crazy as I spend time on the computer making revision cards but I find that it is the best way to revise. Once they are made a great way to use them is with a friend, testing each other. I did it just before a mock exam and it really helped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
11.03%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (87)
63.97%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (18)
13.24%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (13)
9.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.21%

Watched Threads