The Student Room Group

Most boring Video game you have played?

Scroll to see replies

No progression, no unlockables, no variety. Why would anyone play these honestly? Fair enough, back in the 70s when there weren't alternatives but there's no reason now...

asteroids.gif

frogger.gif

spaceinvaders.jpeg

Other games like Block Breaker are also dull.
Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
Just out of curiosity what games do you consider good?

Elder Scrolls, Hitman (though the older ones are much better), FIFA, Saints Row. I never got into Mass Effect, it just seemed bland, maybe I was missing something? A few people are singing its praises here
Reply 62
Dayz....

I love it, it's one of my favorite games, but 95% of the time it's so boring.

As me and my clan mates say, it should be called Dayz: Hiking simulator. Arma 2 & 3 is not that much better in that regard.
Reply 63
Original post by Autistic Merit
No progression, no unlockables, no variety. Why would anyone play these honestly? Fair enough, back in the 70s when there weren't alternatives but there's no reason now...

asteroids.gif

frogger.gif

spaceinvaders.jpeg

Other games like Block Breaker are also dull.

Well, older gamers play them for a quick nostalgia fix. Or if they're an expert at the game they will try beat their previous high-score record or someone elses. It's the equivalent of a kill streak in games of today if that's what you're more accustomed to. Of course you'd find them very boring. You weren't even a glimmer in your parents eyes when those games were around.
Reply 64
Original post by james1211
Any of the Assassins creed games. Jesus, they bored me to tears.

Same. I couldn't even be arsed to finish the tutorial in the original game. I played the demo of AC Liberation recently and it soon got turned off for testing my patience. Very fussy game.
Also, Rome: Total War - good lord! What a load tripe. RuneScape didn't hold my attention for much longer than 10 mins either.
Cooking Mama.
Reply 66
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Pacman... I hate it :frown: I just don't find it fun.
Borderlands 2, ugh that game :angry: it was all just so repetitive, I got no immersion from it at all and I don't think I even finished it because I was in danger of falling asleep at my desk.
It was fun the first time I played through them, but the LOTR: The Two Towers and Return of the King games were boring in hindsight. It was just killing orcs through the whole game. God of War pulled off the hack and slash thing in a much better way in 2004/05 [more possibilities of combos, more weapons, magic, more enemies on screen, puzzles etc. Basically you have the power of a god].
Reply 69
Original post by little_tom
Sims

Blasphemy!
Watch_Dogs, bored the hell out of me real quick
The lamest game I have played was Silicon Valley on N64. Games like this one are a good example for killing your fun on playing games.
I'm not the type to bandwagon, but I'm going to jump on the Assassins Creed one. Other than that I have to say Dishonored. The sneak n' stab genre sounds thrilling until I actually sit down to play and get bored out of my skull.
every mmorpg ever
Reply 74
i honestly cant stand turn based rpgs. i can see why people like them and i hold nothing against people who do, but i cant get through a minute in one without being bored out of my mind
Trove
(edited 6 years ago)
Blue Dragon, Thor: God of Thunder.
Original post by bobab
i honestly cant stand turn based rpgs. i can see why people like them and i hold nothing against people who do, but i cant get through a minute in one without being bored out of my mind

I normally don't but I found Lost Odyssey enjoyable
Reply 78
[QUOTE="Hirsty97;75277858"]I normally don't but I found Lost Odyssey enjoyable[/QUOTE

what makes it better the others?
Skyrim. Dunno what all the fuss is about.

Quick Reply

Latest